Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Mammo recall, biopsy, results today.  (Read 8068 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Mammo recall, biopsy, results today.
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2019, 07:45:07 AM »

That is track temperature on the tarmac, there are specific tools to measure so that they know which rubber to put on.  It is expected to be higher today  :o so it is wondered whether the new track will melt  :D

paisley

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2019, 03:19:49 PM »

Hi CindyC
Glad your initial biopsy was ok. These things are scary aren't they?
I had a routine appointment with my gynaecologist this year & she felt a small lump. I was sent for a ultrasound & they found a cyst & a fibroadenoma 1. I then had to have a mammogram & they still weren't sure about it. I then had a further 2 ultrasounds to finally be told that it wasn't cancer. All these things just stress you. I hope the next tests are fine too.

CindyC

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2019, 12:34:08 PM »

Update on where I am with this 7mm papillery lesion!

Finally got date to meet surgeon 17th September.  Apparently Head of Breast Surgery and well thought of so that's  a plus I guess!

Op. will apparently be sometime 2-3 wks after that, then a further 2wks to get biopsy results.  I am seriously over the waiting game already!  I just want to know one way or another! Even though I am s***ing myself about the op. and results.:(

Still unsure what to do about my HRT.  I don't want to stop taking it, don't want to go back to all the menopause side effects I had before. No cancer cells found as yet to see if Progesterone or Oestrogen reactive.  I know all these test results have been sent to my GP, but no call up from them to go and see him, don't even know if they would do that?

Considering if I should wean myself off over a couple of months and see how I go?

CLKD

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2019, 12:39:10 PM »

I would wait!  Because the surgery might be postponed and you don't want more symptoms on top of the worry.  Discuss with the Surgeon or maybe ring the Secretary and ask?  Why stop if it ain't necessary? 

How are you filling your time?

:hug:

CindyC

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2019, 01:17:49 PM »

I would wait!  Because the surgery might be postponed and you don't want more symptoms on top of the worry.  Discuss with the Surgeon or maybe ring the Secretary and ask?  Why stop if it ain't necessary? 

How are you filling your time?

Good point...I have enough on my plate! Ha!

I might see if I can have a chat with the consultant I saw at the clinic, same place I have to go to see surgeon, she was really helpful and nice.  Not sure if it would really be the surgeons area?  Consultant didn't bat an eye lid when she was taking my medical history and I mentioned the HRT for 4 1/2 yrs.

Time wise....full time working, friends dropping round for coffee after work, trying to stop myself googling! Lol. The anxiety bits seem to come in waves...all the what if life turns upside down in a few weeks.

But...I know I need to practice what I would say if it was a friend of mine.....one step at a time!  Don't worry about it until it happens, could be stressing over something that's not even going to happen! Lol

CLKD

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2019, 04:56:30 PM »

Why is the Consultant different to the Surgeon  :-\ - I'm completely lost now  ::)

Easier said than done though.  This is about you ........ but what is the worst that could happen?  What support do you have ........

CindyC

« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2019, 11:18:34 AM »

Why is the Consultant different to the Surgeon  :-\ - I'm completely lost now  ::)

Easier said than done though.  This is about you ........ but what is the worst that could happen?  What support do you have ........

Ok...so the Consultant Doctor saw me after mammo/ultra sound, discussed what they found and told me I needed to have core biopsy.  Went back to see her next day to discuss results and that it needs to come out.  Then she refers me over to the breast surgeon.

CLKD

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2019, 12:01:24 PM »

Tnx.  That clears up my muddle  ::)

How R U today?

CindyC

« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2019, 05:59:04 AM »

Op. scheduled for the 18th October.

Have to go in day before to have a ROLLIS seed inserted where the lesion is as its too small to see or feel without imaging.  Not looking forward to that bit as it means another jab of anaesthetic in my boob, which is 30 seconds of not nice pain, same as when I had core biopsy done.  i keep telling myself....I lived through it once already!

Lesion is at 5 o'clock, right boob, so they will do a 2-3cm incision in the crease underneath.  They will then remove lesion, seed and some margin using imagery. Internal stitching, steri strips on outside.

Have to wait until 31st October to go back for final results.  Small chance of it being cancerous....but still possible.  Apparently mucii? fluid was found in core biopsy and that can be found in cancerous areas, hence why they want to get all area out to check.

CLKD

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2019, 12:20:06 PM »

I suggest a nightie that ties up rather than one that pulls over the head in case the area is sore after surgery.  It makes examinations much easier ;-).

Did you continue with the HRT?

CindyC

« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2019, 09:37:57 AM »

Yes to still on HRT.  Pre surgery Nurse went through all sorts with me, including any current medications/vitamins etc. and I asked re. HRT.  She asked Surgeon, they said stay on it for now and they would discuss with me when I go in to get final results on the 31st.

Wrensong

« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2019, 11:40:53 AM »

Hi Cindy.  Just to say I have sent you a PM.  Hope that's OK.
Wx

CLKD

« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2019, 02:53:39 PM »

:foryou:

CindyC

« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2019, 11:25:35 PM »

Well....op.is all done and dusted.  Very ‘deer in headlights' time for me never having had any op. before! Lol

Yep, I'm sore, bruised, but it's getting easier day by day.  Anti inflammatories, Panadol and snug fitting after surgery crop top seem to be doing their job.  Didn't realise how even holding a coffee mug can pull across your chest! Ha!  Actually put my arm in a make shift sling for a day or two so I remembered ‘not' to use it!

Resting up off work at home this week, and nothing more I can do but wait to go back for biopsy results on the 31st.

I have ‘everything' crossed I will just be able to put this experience behind me.....and that they will give me the OK to stay on HRT!

CLKD

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2019, 07:48:07 AM »

:foryou:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4