Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Sheep slaughtered in fields  (Read 2719 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Sheep slaughtered in fields
« on: July 14, 2019, 10:13:20 AM »

:'(  More than 40 lambs and sheep have been "professionally slaughtered" in farmers' fields.

Police described the four attacks across Northamptonshire in the past week as "extremely concerning". In most cases the carcasses were stolen.

Twenty-one lambs were butchered on Wednesday and an injured lamb found tied up with wire fencing on Saturday.

Early hours.  Probably killed to order.  People who know how to handle live-stock .........

jaycee

Re: Sheep slaughtered in fields
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 11:35:36 AM »

Oh this is awful poor sheep,  to sell on  as meat, maybe markets etc,
I hope whoever has done this is caught, but probably not, ,pity CCTV cant be put in fields
I hate reading about all this cruelty,
All the others will have been watching others getting killed,
So much cruelty to animals

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 12:16:49 PM »

It won't go to market unless it was for specific orders.  It's been done by professionals.  The method hasn't yet been released but there are rumours ..........  :-X impossible to Police. 

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 03:48:04 PM »

Police disturbed possible rustlers in the early hours in another Northamptonshire village  :-\

jaycee

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 08:10:33 PM »

Cant bear to hear about these cruel acts ,there  too much , i have to bypass videos i see on facebook sometimes as it so hard to watch and know people are getting away with cruelty just for the fun of it usually,

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2019, 08:23:27 PM »

I doubt it in the farming community or farmers' markets - everyone knows every one else.  Trouble is, when I was growing up farmers employed shepherds - who remained on site through lambing and beyond. Which is why those 'sheds on wheels' are popular in gardens and clamping sites.  These people obviously know how to herd sheep and probably use dogs ........ which may well have been stolen  :'(

Cruely as such hasn't been suggested but it's theft as well as being illegal in the UK not to kill with the advice of a Vet.; to avoid the potential spread of disease.  It hasn't been reported as to the method of slaughter which will give an idea as to who might be involved. 

Rural crime is on the rise - but 1 wouldn't tackle intruders these days  :'( most are tooled up.  Police take too long to attend when called due to distances between emergency calls and life and death situations being the priority.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2019, 04:44:14 PM »

9 lambs killed and thrown into a ditch  :'( - were the robbers disturbed and thought to return for the carcasses - we don't yet know.  Bring back shepherds I suggest  :-\ who are on site 24/7.

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2019, 02:31:15 PM »

Northamptonshire sheep slaughter drone patrols launched ............

These killings R occurring across the country  :'(

Ju Ju

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2019, 05:40:48 AM »

When my DH retired in 2005, he had finished his police service in a rural area. He was responsible for a huge area and at night mostly there were only 2 police officers covering the area. This was unacceptable then (and yes, there were frequent complaints about the time it took for a police response) but since 2005, the police service funding has been savagely cut. So of course rural crime is on the up. There isn't a police force to combat it.  >:(

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2019, 11:43:59 AM »

Agree Ju Ju.  Who will be controlling the drones and where to start  >:(

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2019, 02:13:06 PM »

1 farm has had over 100 ewes stollen in two different raids from the same farm - why not keep them in  :-\.  Why not employ Shepherds? 

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2019, 07:08:39 PM »

What's wrong with people?  One farm has had sheep slaughtered or stolen 3 times  >:( ...........