Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Fluoxetine and Utrogestan  (Read 1050 times)

Nannyneet

Fluoxetine and Utrogestan
« on: August 16, 2019, 08:19:52 PM »

Hi everyone,I started HRT yesterday,I'm on Oestrogel x2pumps a day which I'm doing in the evening after I've had a shower,I am also using Utrogestan 100mg continually,I take the anti depressant Fluoxetine ( Prozac) as well,I used to take the Fluoxetine in the morning but swapped to taking it in the evening because of feeling tired, does anyone know if it's ok to take it at the same time as the utrogestan  or should I swap back to taking it in the morning
I left it last night and took it this morning instead and have felt groggy all day

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Fluoxetine and Utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 09:17:43 PM »

Is there any information in the leaflets in the boxes?

If I miss a dose I feel groggy the next day with a slight headache. 

Nannyneet

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 09:34:04 PM »

I will have a look,I just wasn't sure about taking it at the same time as the utrogestan,I had a headache and felt groggy all day but took a Fluoxetine this morning, I think I will leave it tonight and take one tomorrow night like I normally do

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 09:40:00 PM »

I don't see that there should be a problem.  If the leaflets aren't clear, maybe drop by a Pharmacist and ask?

Nannyneet

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2019, 09:43:04 PM »

I didn't think of that I'm off into town tomorrow so will ask,mind you the pharmacist in Boots tried to give me Oestrodial cream instead of gel as HRT this week so I'm not too confident about their knowledge

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 09:43:52 PM »

Is there another chemist in town.  Was it the Pharmacist that gave your prescription, if so that's bad, very bad  :beat: :kick:

Let us know!

Nannyneet

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2019, 10:02:41 PM »

This was the pharmacist in Boots, they didn't have the gel so I took my script to Superdrug where they were very helpful and seemed to know what they were doing, I've been on a Facebook group today where a pharmacist tried to give a woman  Oestrogel HRT  instead of oestrodial cream for vaginal atrophy

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2019, 07:42:33 AM »

Didn't or couldn't read the script?  Or should go on a course about the different types of HRT!?!