Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Private scan in London and ectopics  (Read 608 times)

koolkat

Private scan in London and ectopics
« on: August 15, 2019, 09:00:42 PM »

Hi ladies,
I am 52 and have been on Oestrogel and Utrogestan for about a year and a half, menopause for about 2.5 years. When I started HRT I felt super wonderful nearly straight away (hot flushes, anxiety, energy, all better, for a while). I use Utrogestan 100 continuosly vaginally (against my GP advice who keeps telling me vaginal use is not licenced in the UK). For this reasons I'd like to have yearly scans. Do you get regular blood work and scans to check your hormones, and if so, is that privately?

Also, more recently I developed some very peristent ectopic heartbeats. They are very annoying and pretty scary at times.
I stopped HRT for two weeks to see if there was any change. There wasn't any change so I went back on. HRT should help with palpitations, anyone else gets ectopic while while on HRT?
Thank you so much

Tracey E

Re: Private scan in London and ectopics
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 09:31:44 PM »

I'm on a similar regime, if I have too much Estrogel I get palpitations and a a fluttery heartbeat. I only take Utrogestan for 7 days per month mind..

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 10:13:38 PM »

Hi Girls. Maybe put the product names into the search box.  Make notes ;-).

Your GP is probably correct but I believe that ladies do use the product vaignally.  [pity I can't spell].  Browse round!

koolkat

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2019, 05:21:46 AM »

Thank you

Cristina