Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Evorel conti patches  (Read 4894 times)

Countrygirl

Re: Evorel conti patches
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2019, 09:15:24 AM »

I have evorel patches the oestrogen only ones and am prescribed vagifem too no problems. I have found attitudes vary from dr to dr though, so I now know who to go to x

Lucyjo

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2019, 09:22:32 AM »

Thank you countrygirl. My patches contain estradiol and norethisterone. Don't know if this makes any difference x

jaycee

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2019, 09:31:40 AM »

Lucyjo,yes i have hrt and vagifem, [not on patches now] but i was  plus Vagifem

Lucyjo

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2019, 09:43:27 AM »

Thanks ladies so much! Do I need a prescription to order from Superdrug?

Lucyjo

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2019, 11:22:05 AM »

Hi Birdy, had already ordered the Vagifem from Superdrug before reading your last post! Told them I has the patches & they are now querying the order! Will keep you posted x

Katejo

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2019, 12:32:34 PM »

Hi Katejo, just wondered if had any info regarding my last post!
Thanks in advance X
Hi Lucyjo   Sorry for not replying. I did see your question originally but then yesterday couldn't find it. I spent several minutes looking for it. I used Vagifem daily for the first 2 weeks and then tried to drop down but found I needed it almost daily. I have had real problems persuading the GP practice of this despite letters from consultants to say that it was ok. Had another argument with them today when they didn't want to give me a repeat prescription.

Yes you can use Vagifem together with other HRT. I am on Evorel  Conti patches. Now that I am a month into doing this, I don't need Vagifem quite as often. More like 3-4 times a week instead of 5-7.
Have you tried asking for a meno clinic referral?  Also have you looked at the VA private page on FB?

Lucyjo

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2019, 12:52:36 PM »

Thank you Katejo! I don't have facebook - sorry! I'm just waiting for a reply from superdrug to say if they will send me some vagifem (£40) but I'm desperate! Wish I hadn't told them I had the patches now. If they won't I will ask for a private referral - feel like I can't go on like this. Thank you so much x

shrosphirelass

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2019, 01:54:36 PM »

Thank you countrygirl. My patches contain estradiol and norethisterone. Don't know if this makes any difference x

Sounds like you are on the same patches as me. I was prescribed these along with vagifem by the menopause clinic. I was led to believe this was standard practice.

Lucyjo

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2019, 02:02:58 PM »

It seems ridiculous doesn't it? why is there not a standard procedure for prescribing these. Still not heard anything back from Superdrug. I don't think they'll let me have them x

Lucyjo

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2019, 02:35:31 PM »

Superdrug said YES!!!!! Vagifem should be delivered tomorrow morning xx

Katejo

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2019, 03:16:57 PM »

Thank you Katejo! I don't have facebook - sorry! I'm just waiting for a reply from superdrug to say if they will send me some vagifem (£40) but I'm desperate! Wish I hadn't told them I had the patches now. If they won't I will ask for a private referral - feel like I can't go on like this. Thank you so much x
   I only suggested the FB page because it is a very useful source of info on VA. It is managed by Mary Jane who is also on this forum. Plenty of women find that Vagifem (and its alternatives like Estriol and Ovestin) aren't sufficient.
Your GP should let you have Vagifem as well as the patches.

Lucyjo

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2019, 07:23:31 AM »

Thank you so much ladies for all your help & support. How long do you think before I start to feel more comfortable below, using the Vagifem & Evorel Conti?? Not that I'm impatient or anything!!

Lucyjo

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2019, 08:07:17 AM »

Just read "Ask a patient" reviews of Vagifem and they are horrific!!! Really scared now - don't know what to do.
Please help - having an anxiety attack big style x

jaycee

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2019, 11:12:15 AM »

Lucyjo,i think you are right to be worried,  or at least concerned,there are some women who have taken nothing more than Vagifem and had bad side effects, and some of the information is to do with Vagifem alone,
I am not using it anymore , nor Evoral Conti, my hair has only fallen out since using vagifem, and latterly EC
I think it depends on the person, most people will be fine with it, but not everyone will
You could try it and see how it goes with you, for a short time
Edited to say,yes Vagifem does make a difference, not saying they don't, but i am not using anymore.and the leaflet doesn't tell you as much as the website or , patient reviews
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 11:19:53 AM by jaycee »

Lucyjo

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2019, 11:34:49 AM »

Thank you Birdy & Jaycee, you're right - I won't know unless I try them. I think I am so worried about everything in life xx
Pages: 1 [2] 3