Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Blood With Vaginal Atrophy  (Read 11773 times)

jaycee

Re: Blood With Vaginal Atrophy
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2019, 10:14:00 AM »

Yes Lynne, i think that is what you should do,it was very negligent even then for her to ignore all the signs and symptoms you were having, i think you must remind her of what happened then, and make sure she knows it was her ignoring your symptoms  is what caused you to be ill
Sometimes Drs think they are gods i think,
Strangely i think females are worse than men.
I recently saw 2 different female Drs about my hair loss, they both basically ignored it and said it was just my age, also tried to stop me taking HRT, saw my own male Dr, later and he has been marvellous,and doing all he can
Sorry i know this isn't in the same area as yours, but just an example

Katejo

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2019, 10:40:24 AM »

I can't believe that 7 years since joining, I find myself asking again about VA.  Could anyone tell me if they have experienced small amounts of blood when their VA was bad?  I noticed a few weeks ago that I had tiny streaks of bloody (mainly pink) when wiping after going to the loo. I'd had a lot of itching and dryness and haven't been taking anything for it for absolutely ages. I could tell the sensations were exactly what I had when I first had VA years ago. It's a long story which I won't go into, but I was using vagifem for years, moved to Wales and was taken off it (Yes at the time everyone said it was wrong but I've never been able to get it since).  I was given Ovestin for a month a while ago and that was it. I've not used anything for probably 2 years. VA is now back with a vengeance. In the meantime, I've had bowel cancer - it wasn't picked up by my GP and I waited 10 months for a diagnosis. I mention this only because seeing blood on the paper last week sent me into a panic and I rushed to see my GP. She played it down much the same as she did with the blood in my poo. She gave me Ovestin again, I've been using it for a week. For a couple of days I had tiny bits of blood when I wiped, but for the past 5 days I've only had normal, healthy looking discharge.. today, I got the tiniest bit of pink bloody again. Honestly, if I hadn't been looking for it so eagerly, I wouldn't have seen it, but even so, I'm worried the blood is not normal for VA.  I'm still itching and feeling like I have thrush but I know it's the VA. I've been on and off the loo with frequent urination, all the same symptoms as before.  I'm scared though because of the blood and I am hoping that someone is able to reassure me that the blood can be normal?  Sorry for the long post. Hope you can help.  PS. I should add that I have recently had an MRI scan and CT scan as well as blood test for cancer markers... I have them every year because of the bowel cancer. Nothing was picked up and I was given the all clear. I only have to go back once more in March next year and they will sign me of. I am hoping that, if anything sinister was lurking, it would have been found. GP said that whilst lumps can be found on the scans, cancerous cells cannot.
I have never had visible blood traces but have had  microscopic haematuria (blood traces but not visible to the eye) for some time. It is possible that this has improved since I started Vagifem but it hasn't been checked again since. When I first got them, I was sent for scans and a referral to a nephrologist but noone suggested that it could be VA. i didn't discover that until later.
The attitude of these GP's who don't understand the need for continuous Vagifem/Ovestin drives me nuts! It sounds as though that is what you need but, in your position, I would want to get the visible blood traces checked.

Otter15

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2019, 11:56:04 AM »

I get cuts and blood like you when va is bad. There are lots of little tears in your skin. Even using the applicator when you're swollen inside can cause it. When you're that bad, the ovestin can take a while to help. My stomach pains are the first thing to ease off then other relief follows.

Go to a locum. Don't waste your time on an obviously incompetent woman. I stuck with a female doctor I had and got nowhere. Went to a locum out of desperation and only then started getting the help I needed.

Good luck

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2019, 12:49:21 PM »

Blood can show on wiping for several reasons.  The very thin skin in the vagina can tear which will bleed on contact.  Is it bright red?  I would be more worried about dark/black blood ..........

Is there a menopause clinic in your area, not a gynaecologist 'cos they know about as much as GPs seem to.  Which often ain't much.

This GP needs to be given Mary Jane's book and I would certainly let Dr Currie know - obviously the message IS NOT getting through  >:(

Lynne888

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2019, 12:55:38 PM »

The blood isn't red like it's coming from little cuts, it's pink? I'm itching a lot, I have to have a good old itch with the toilet paper (tmi I know) and then I get loads of pink stuff. It's quite scary!!Even if a loccum gave me vagifem, my own GP would then have to give any further prescriptions so I'm not sure that's likely to work but I DO intend to speak to her this week

Wrennie

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2019, 12:56:04 PM »

I too had blood with VA. I really haven't had bad dryness/ discomfort symptoms with VA so was unaware I had it. It was diagnosed just over a year ago when I had a hysteroscopy for bleeding and I was told that was where the bleeding was from. Because I didn't use treatment then (long story...) I more recently had yellowish discharge that was sometimes stained brown (i.e. old blood). Not a lot; a few tiny spots two or three times a month. Back I went to the GP and am now on Estriol. GP is sure that is what it is and because of the fairly recent hysteroscopy says she won't refer me unless the symptoms get worse or if they persist despite the Estriol. Not sure if sharing my experience helps, as we are all different, but I hope it does.
Anxiety is horrible, horrible. I don't get it to a clinical level but I am a mega worrier, and it makes you feel wretched! So you have my huge sympathy!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 12:58:43 PM by Wrennie »

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2019, 12:57:24 PM »

AAAHHH - a good scratch - answers your question ;-).   Get some cream up there, have a look at the 'yes' and 'sylc' web-sites and ask for freebies ;-).  I find that LIVE yoghurt is soothing up there too.  Messy.  But soothing. 

Lynne888

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2019, 01:05:16 PM »

I've been using canesten but I'm not sure it's doing the trick! I'll have a look at those websites.  Thank you!

Wrennie, thank you.. your reply helps. I have had a few brown spots too so maybe it is very similar to what you describe. The hysterectomy was not related?

Lynne888

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2019, 01:07:27 PM »

CLKD... I have Replens.. will that work?  Can I use it with Ovestin? 

Katejo

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2019, 01:59:38 PM »

CLKD... I have Replens.. will that work?  Can I use it with Ovestin?
I haven't personally tried Replens but all the feedback on this forum has been negative. I had a persistent itch around the lavia area and the GP gave me Canestan cream which has worked well

Lynne888

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2019, 02:13:26 PM »

Thank you Katejo.

Wrennie

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2019, 02:17:43 PM »

Hi Lynne888, it was a hysteroscopy, not a hysterectomy. An investigation into uterine/ vaginal bleeding. So it was related. It's a longer story than that, which I have recounted elsewhere and I don't want to hijack your thread with the details here. I do hope that you get the help/ answers that you need.

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2019, 03:34:29 PM »

I wouldn't touch canastan with a barge pole - sent me to a cool bath for hours after 1 dose  >:(

Replens can help but some are sensitivity to the fillers  ::)

Katejo

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2019, 03:36:00 PM »

I wouldn't touch canastan with a barge pole - sent me to a cool bath for hours after 1 dose  >:(

Replens can help but some are sensitivity to the fillers  ::)
I haven't had any problem with it at all and it has reduced the itching considerably.

Lynne888

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2019, 03:57:16 PM »

I've just used multi-gyn and burned the rest of my skin off! 🔥 Made me dance about a bit I can tell you. Offended myself my language was so bad
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5