Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My life has fallen apart  (Read 5183 times)

Jari

Re: My life has fallen apart
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2019, 11:12:38 AM »

racjen

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2019, 11:13:53 AM »

I think you're probably quite right Birdy - main problem for me at the moment is that I have two teenage/adult daughters who still need me to sort things for them, and I feel that's a huge burden which I can't cope with anymore. I've been staying at my brother's this week and just been able to stay in bed all day with no pressure to do anything - bloody amazing, can't remember the last time I was in this situation. But my long term living arrangements as mum to two adults with aspergers and all that entails needs to change, I can't cope anymore.

Jari

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2019, 11:20:27 AM »

Racjen, just a thought, but something that might be worth a look at?! X

http://www.svaughan.co.uk/

Ladybt28

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2019, 11:42:19 AM »

See that bed rest racjen, its probably doing you the power of good....lots of us who feel so overwhelmed have mega responsibilities...now please don't take this the wrong way...we also feel responsible for things we shouldn't feel responsible for...I know I do.  I have a job in insurance which means renewal dates are fixed, there is no way round them and things need to be done by that date and that is it but it takes over my whole life and has done for 2 years because I am self employed and there is no one to delegate to plus the office is in the house.  I have never managed to switch off at 5 to "have my own life"...everything just expands to fill the space.  Work, sick and dead relatives (seemed to be more than my fair share, if there is such a thing as a fair share  :-X :-\), difficult children, household chores, money....as  women the list can go on and on.. and on.. :(   We are told over and over that we shouldn't feel so responsible and I think the key is to ask for help more...cos I think that we feel we have failed if we have to ask for help maybe  :-\  but we haven't failed at all....we have just reached out limits which are far above average usually.

Being able to physically distance yourself so that you can give your head some space (although you haven't stopped thinking about it all have you??xxx) is good but its been going on for so long it would take a while to recover a bit. 

The ladies are right...a total detox would be good except for your provera and oestrogen to see how you fair (I'm not sure having got onto them that you should ditch those...) but we are sending our love and positive thoughts...I wish I could come and see you too xxxx

racjen

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2019, 11:55:16 AM »

I am giving up completely on ADs and any other mood-altering drugs - they're clearly not right for me. Will continue with Evorel and provera and just see how it goes. Right now I just want to stay here in my bed in Sidmouth and forget everything else. So Sweet, they leave me a thermal mug of tea on my doorstep every morning before they go to work,then I  have the dog keeping me company all day x

racjen

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2019, 04:22:42 PM »

Thankyou everyone for your caring  replies. I'm still here, holed up in Sidmouth - went out earlier to buy some knickers but came back without, I find clothes shops bewildering to say the least, just wanted to get back  here to safety. I can wash the knickers I've got (sorry, tmi)! I actually haven't bought a pair of knickers for 5 years at least - I make my own and my daughters' too, sometimes from recycled tshirts and sometimes from new fabric. I know, bit wierd but we all have to have our hobbies don't we?

racjen

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2019, 04:28:49 PM »

I was only on fluoxetine for a month so it's not a big deal giving that up, have been on smaller and smaller doses for the last week. Diazepam is the big one - has to be done very gradually, but i've done it before and my GP is very supportive so I think that'll be OK. It's what i do when I have to cope with the massive anxiety with no crutch at all that worries me - that's when alcohol becomes the easy short term solution, but given that no-one is offering a long term solution I'm stumped.....

Ladybt28

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2019, 07:43:12 PM »

I am sure you can do it racjen….absolutely sure, but as Birdy says slowly slowly.  I went total cold turkey and I really wouldn't recommend it.  It was because of bank holidays here and running out of meds and something in my head saying "oh well you missed 3 days so just stop"...ha ha  NO and No again!!!  I did it but I wont describe how it went  :-X :-\ ::).

Who needs knickers anyway  ;D xx

racjen

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2019, 08:42:46 AM »

Birdy, I feel like you're my sister (I have a sister but she's not exactly close, very little contact there). Today I'm still at my brother's in sidmouth (feels like fairyland), no demands whatsoever, can stay in bed all day, brother is an excellent cook and also a film buff so every evening is like going out for dinner and a film :). And a very cute but undemanding dog for snuggles.

This afternoon my ex-husband is coming to pick me up to stay for a week in a caravan at Budleigh Salterton - my younger daughter is doing an intensive British Sign Language course in Honiton this week so we thought we'd make a holiday of it. Fingers crossed it'll all work out fine - Andy and I have a very volatile relationship after 12 years of separation - we try hard to get on for the girls sake, but we slip into those old patterns so easily....

Oh well, if it all goes pear shaped I can always walk into the sea with rocks in my pockets...... :-*
Pages: 1 [2]