Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ongoing intense itching  (Read 2959 times)

PMB63

Re: Ongoing intense itching
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2019, 10:43:11 PM »

:thankyou: :bighug: to everybody who took the time to read my post and reply.  You've given me more ideas to try and some comments made me smile, too.  I'm very grateful for everybody's suggestions and comments. x x

Dorothy

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2019, 08:36:57 AM »

Honey is a healer but don't know if I would want it slathered all over me, especially in the Summer months.   ::).  Too sticky.  Too many hover flies, wasps etc.. 

;D  Thanks for this CLKD - next time I'm getting annoyed by how sticky my coconut oil is making me, I'll remind myself I could be covered with wasps instead of dust.   :o

jaycee

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2019, 08:51:16 AM »

Just had a thought, you could try some Virasoothe,it is for chickenpox and i discovered it when i had shingles.it was marvellous at stopping the terrible itching,you can get it in gel or spray form

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2019, 09:09:11 PM »

Do let us know how you get on!

Dorothy - stick to coconut oil?  ;)

Dorothy

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2019, 05:02:29 PM »

Dorothy - stick to coconut oil?  ;)

I think I will!  Honey would be much worse!

jaycee

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2019, 09:16:07 AM »

You could try Oilatum, to put in bathwater, helps a lot with dry skin, you can actually get it on prescription,in large sizes, but can buy at the chemist too

Kathleen

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2019, 05:11:09 PM »

Hello PMB63.

My first thought when I read your post was a possible liver problem but I assume that your GP has considered that.

I have used Oilatum for years and it has a lovely effect on the skin,  I put a little on my flannel when I'm washing my face. If you are going to put it in bath water be careful when you get out as it can make the bath slippery. I think people with eczema can get it on prescription and it is a but pricey but a little goes a long way.

Wishing you well.

K.

PMB63

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2019, 10:08:07 PM »

Thank you Jaycee and Kathleen for your comments and suggestions. I'm going to try the Oilatum and will get some this weekend. I'm also going to ask my GP about my liver as I'm sure she's only checked my kidneys before. Watch this space ...  :thankyou: x x

jaycee

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2019, 07:55:54 AM »

If the oilatum is any good,ask your Dr about prescription, if you don't pay for prescription all the better,hope it works for you,
Pages: 1 [2]