Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Oestrodiol blood levels  (Read 1104 times)

Sandra W

Oestrodiol blood levels
« on: July 11, 2019, 12:50:45 PM »

Hi Ladies, does anyone have blood oestrodiol levels whilst ON HRT that I can compare mine to please. My gynae asked GP to do blood oestrodiol as she thought I might not be absorbing well from patches/gel because being on HRT has not helped my sleep issues. They have come back at 207 but my GP is not sure what this means & the gynae has a 6 week waiting time & doesn't respond to emails from my GP. I am thinking of stopping HRT as I am not sure I am benefitting enough & am bleeding quite heavily once a month on the sequi regime.
Thanks in advance

Joaniepat

Re: Oestrodiol blood levels
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 02:57:08 PM »

Sandra W, 207 pmol/l is on the low side. However, a lot depends on how you feel. If you still feel crap, you probably need to increase.

JP x

Salad

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 03:16:54 PM »

Hi - I agree with Joaniepat, it seems on the lower side, if you're still symptomatic.
My goal range was suggested to be 200-300 as a guide, dependent on my symptoms.

Sandra W

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 03:28:14 PM »

Thanks Ladies. I did try adding one pump of gel (but didn't have bloods done during that time) to try to help sleep but it didn't make a difference. My other symptoms are minimal it's just really sleep I am trying to sort & have tried magnesium & all sorts of other things that haven't helped.

GJP

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 03:54:50 PM »

Hi Ladies, does anyone have blood oestrodiol levels whilst ON HRT that I can compare mine to please. My gynae asked GP to do blood oestrodiol as she thought I might not be absorbing well from patches/gel because being on HRT has not helped my sleep issues. They have come back at 207 but my GP is not sure what this means & the gynae has a 6 week waiting time & doesn't respond to emails from my GP. I am thinking of stopping HRT as I am not sure I am benefitting enough & am bleeding quite heavily once a month on the sequi regime.
Thanks in advance

Hi Sandra,

I too am on HRT only for insomnia. I am not bothered with hot flushes.

I don't know anything about Sequi but I am on Oestrogel and Utrogestan. Are you having both oestrogen and progesterone in this regime?

When my Oestradiol levels were measured about 6 weeks ago my level was 49. I have just had it done last week and its up to 249.

My Progesterone was still very low and my sleeping has been terrible! I sympathise.

My Dr has just changed the Utrogestan to vaginally as she reckons I wasn't absorbing it with blood results being so low. I also have 3 pumps of Oestrogel daily.

Tonight is the first night for the new regime, she has also added in Circadin 2mgs (melatonin) to see if that helps as well.

It seems to me its a bit of a balancing act and trial and error.

I have done all the sleep hygiene, blue lights etc.

When your progesterone is out of whack it raises cortisol, which leaves you tired but wired!

I can post in a while and let you know how my new regime goes, fingers crossed.

Hope you get sorted. Not sleeping is the pits!

Best wishes
Grace

Sandra W

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2019, 07:02:58 PM »

Thanks for the info Grace it sounds like you have a great GP, I was hoping to get some melatonin but no one has mentioned it. I guess you won't know if the melatonin helps if you have a new regime at the same time though? Yes my sequi regime is both - I tried gel and progesterone but just kept bleeding heavily. Did you have a blood test for progesterone as well? I have tried adding in extra gel & utrogestan but they haven't helped my sleep. The only thing I can do to sleep is take phenergan.

GJP

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2019, 04:01:51 PM »

Thanks for the info Grace it sounds like you have a great GP, I was hoping to get some melatonin but no one has mentioned it. I guess you won't know if the melatonin helps if you have a new regime at the same time though? Yes my sequi regime is both - I tried gel and progesterone but just kept bleeding heavily. Did you have a blood test for progesterone as well? I have tried adding in extra gel & utrogestan but they haven't helped my sleep. The only thing I can do to sleep is take phenergan.

Yes my Progesterone was rock bottom after taking it orally for about 9-10 weeks, that is why she changed it to vaginally. Last night was the first night and my sleeping was definitely better. I suspect I didn't absorb it orally. I read an article about having and A or B route for Pregnanediol (how we metabolize progesterone)and if you have an A route you don't metabolize it orally. I haven't started the Melatonin yet to see how I get on with the progesterone vaginally.

My Oestrogel is topically.

Have you tried Nytol? it knocks me out if I am desperate.

My GP is brilliant she has worked with Nick Panay, Chelsea and Westminster and is very knowledgeable about Menopause and extremely helpful.

Hope you get sorted