Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I’m intrigued!  (Read 2524 times)

Dorothy

Re: I’m intrigued!
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2019, 08:31:42 AM »

Makes perfect sense Dorothy, thank you 😀
I would like something that totally overrides my natural hormones until I die please lol

Me too!  I was one of the fortunate ones that had very little trouble adapting to the BCP - just felt a little nauseous and put on some weight.  But I went onto it to control hormone imbalance anyway, so I doubt BCP could have made me feel worse than I already was feeling - I used to get period cramps that were so strong I'd be bent double, gasping for breath and unable to speak.  So BCP enabled me to live a normal life for the first time in years.

Cacarosa

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2019, 08:51:43 AM »

I briefly took BCP when I was young (Suavuret). Only took them for six months, since I gained a lot of weight, lost a lot of hair and felt very depressed.

Now I got prescribed Qlaira for heavy bleedings and just started the second week. Not feeling any better yet, since I'm spotting all the time and had two episodes of heavy bleedings. Don't feel any side effects yet, nothing. I guess it's still too soon and it has to settle. Hope it will not be as awful as Suavuret was when I was young.

For me HRT isn't an option, since I have just started peri, my hormones are fluctuating a lot and I still need contraception. But I intend to transition into HRT after meno.

I know it would not be easy, because here in Spain doctors are very adverse to it since the scare of WHI 2002, and very, very few women are on it. But I intend to tell my GP that if she doesn't prescribe it, I'll self-medicate anyway, so she'd rather prescribe it and have me under control.

I really don't understand why doctors here are so adverse to HRT but don't think twice about prescribing BCP even to women over 40 like me. My mother, who stopped menstruating at 57 got prescribed Boltin but after a year they told her to stop it because of the risk. Even when my mother has never smoked, never had clots and no history of cancer. Well, she tends to have sugar a little high and spikes in blood pressure so I guess that's why they put her off HRT so soon.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 08:58:50 AM by Cacarosa »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2019, 10:43:56 AM »

I would direct your medical practitioner to MM Forum ;-) if they are quoting dis-credited 'research'.

Cacarosa

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2019, 12:42:55 PM »

Don't think they'll listen, as the WHI 2002 scare is so universally believed here to the point that only 0,21% of peri and post meno women in Spain take it.
Data extracted from here: https://medes.com/publication/114473
https://www.saludcastillayleon.es/portalmedicamento/es/boletines/boletin-mensual/novedades-portal/terapia-hormonal-sustitutiva-evidencias-clinicas-consumo
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 12:47:20 PM by Cacarosa »

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2019, 02:56:20 PM »

But if you don't drip feed the idea that the research was discredited  ;) - carry that Flag  ;D

Is the Link in English  :-\

7dwarfs

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2019, 04:35:57 PM »

7dwarfs struggling with the contraceptive pill is an indicator of being progesterone intolerant. Hopefully you'll be ok with that prog in femosten though, fingers crossed x

Thanks peri😊
I'm really hoping so , it's funny but no one ever mentioned this to me when I was going through all the mini pills a couple of years ago. My practise nurse just kept pushing me to have a merina coil fitted instead ,but after all the other problems I wasn't going to put a progesterone in my body when I couldn't be in control of it. Especially after the mini pill had caused me to have heavy long periods and spotting when she told me I would probably not have any at all!

Cacarosa

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2019, 05:04:29 PM »

Is the Link in English  :-\

No but I linked the source even if it's in Spanish so you could see that I didn't gave a random percentage. The paper essentially explains how HRT usage has fell down around 88% since the WHI 2002 and how it keeps being awfully under prescribed

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2019, 06:13:49 PM »

Tnx.  Clear as mud  ::)
Pages: 1 [2]