Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Mirena Coil  (Read 2778 times)

Cacarosa

Re: Mirena Coil
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2019, 10:25:34 AM »

Crikey not good, :( what do you take now?

They extracted it three weeks ago and prescribed Qlaira. Been on Qlaira for just 9 days now. Still spotting and two episodes of heavy bleeding but it's still too soon to know if it will improve my symptoms and stop heavy bleedings. Keeping my fingers crossed.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 10:29:07 AM by Cacarosa »

Tracey E

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2019, 10:58:29 AM »

Crikey not good, :( what do you take now?

They extracted it three weeks ago and prescribed Qlaira. Been on Qlaira for just 9 days now. Still spotting and two episodes of heavy bleeding but it's still too soon to know if it will improve my symptoms and stop heavy bleedings. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I really hope it settles for you, fingers gets n toes crossed.

Tracey E

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2019, 11:00:14 AM »

I've had 2 mirena coils now and they are great. I was bleeding on Evorel conti patches so doctor suggested changing to Mirena coil and evorel patches. Insertion was a bit tricky and painful but only lasted a short while. Now no bleeding at all and no side effects, can forget about it. However I've just changed from Evorel 50 to Evorel 75 patches and they are a much bigger patch and having trouble stopping them from coming unstuck at the edges and wrinkling. Going to try sticking something over the patch too keep it on.

Hi Helen, I've had a coil fitted before is it like that or more painful?

Cacarosa

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2019, 11:18:04 AM »

I think the pain of the insertion is different for every woman. I think women who gave birth usually feel less pain than childless women. It also depends on the practitioners hability, the size and shape of your uterus, the opening of your cervix, etc. I know some women that say they only felt a slight pain and other women say they felt an excruciatingly pain and bled a lot like me

Tinkerbell

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2019, 12:27:07 PM »

No hair loss for me.

Peripurple

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2019, 06:47:31 PM »

Hi Tracey,
It took about 4-5 weeks to feel myself again, it really was manageable just unexpected.  It didn't hurt at all for me having it fitted, and I didn't have any vaginal births only caesareans.

Tracey E

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2019, 07:35:18 PM »

Hi Tracey,
It took about 4-5 weeks to feel myself again, it really was manageable just unexpected.  It didn't hurt at all for me having it fitted, and I didn't have any vaginal births only caesareans.

Thank you, that gives me hope.. xx

TraceyTracey

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2019, 10:14:04 AM »

Hi everyone, I'm thinking of having a Mirena coil fitted as I just can't get on with Utrogestan and seem to be tolerant to  Levonorgestrel and was wondering about the side effects of this coil before I proceed to get it fitted. I am also currently applying Estrogel gel too. Thanks.

I have the Merina fitted and estrogen patches and it works for me.  I cannot tolerate oral or vaginal progesterone.   

I have used the Merina before peri memo too... approx 15 years and it works like a dream.   

Good luck 👍🏼
Pages: 1 [2]