Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 42 and told yesterday I’m in the early menopause  (Read 2647 times)

Jillyb77

42 and told yesterday I’m in the early menopause
« on: July 10, 2019, 12:49:49 PM »

Went to my Dr yesterday to be told I'm in early menopause. For the past year I've had flushes, headaches, joint pain, very forgetful, depressed and anxiety.
I feel like I've been hit by a bus I'm only 42 and not once did I think I was in the menopause. I don't know where to start with medication? I'm going on holiday on Monday and booked in with the Dr as soon as I
come back. She mentioned HRt. Since I was told yesterday I feel even flatter I actually feel pathetic and I'm annoying myself. Any advice would be grateful

marge

Re: 42 and told yesterday I’m in the early menopause
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 01:02:30 PM »

No advice I'm afraid, just hope you're able to really relax and enjoy your holiday.

Jillyb77

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 01:06:44 PM »

Thanks  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 01:32:04 PM »

Why was it a shock?  At least your GP is on board, hang onto her  ;)

Enjoy your holiday - we have a thread here about those.

When you get back, maybe jot down which symptom you would like to ease first then put it into the search box here.

HRT can protect bones and heart, however - if you already have a good diet, regular exercise regime and symptoms aren't bothersome, then it isn't necessary to jump in immediately.  Discuss with the GP and see if what is suggested would be appropriate for you.  Bring the name of the product back and put name into the search box .

42 is 'early' so an over-all look at your Lifestyle maybe the place to begin.

Jillyb77

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2019, 01:37:38 PM »

Thank you. Have taken all this on board.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 01:38:43 PM »

You'll fit in.

We have holiday threads; exercise, pets, gardening ..... we talk about menopause sometimes  ;)

Jillyb77

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2019, 01:40:55 PM »

Thanks lol!! Probably forget what I'm looking for!! Lol

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2019, 03:46:14 PM »

:lol:  you'll fit right in .....

Rosie77

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2019, 04:13:21 PM »

Hi Jillyb77, 
Welcome!  I will be 42 next week.  I have been a train wreck for the past 2 years since I came off birth control pills at 40.  Migraines, fatigue, dizziness, etc.  In February, my FSH was through the roof post meno and 2 months straight of night sweats.  I started HRT patch in March.  I'm still a work in progress.  My mom went through meno at the average age of 51 and did not have all the problems I am having.  I think women are going through this meno mess earlier and in time I am sure the “average” age will change. 

Glad your dr mentioned HRT to you instead of checking off the anxiety box and throwing anti depressants at you!  That ones a keeper!
Incidentally, I went to the rheumatologist today.  I was pleasantly surprised that the first question on the questionnaire was “are you menopausal”.  Ummm...YUP!  My joint pains and creaky bones has improved since starting HRT. She wasn't a bit surprised.  Enjoy you holiday!  :)

Dorothy

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2019, 04:17:31 PM »

:hug:

I remember feeling the same when I got my diagnosis at 39.  I think it is more unexpected when it comes early, especially if you are the first of your friendship group to go through it.  Give yourself some time and space to adjust, then have a read around - once you pick up some ideas on how to cope with symptoms, you will feel much better.  I think it's the 'oh help what do I do now?' feeing that makes it all so scary!

As CLKD says, it's a good time to look at lifestyle and put some healthy habits in place.  Enjoy your holiday & come back ready to take on the new challenge.  (NB:  short-term - I found caffeine & sugar make my hot flushes worse and eating regular meals helped stave off the headaches, so might be worth considering these things to manage symptoms if they are troublesome on your holiday)

Jillyb77

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2019, 04:50:24 PM »

Thank you so much. I think since I've been told yesterday I've read to much. Maybe my holiday will give me time to reboot. It's all a mind field to me at the minute. 🥰

Jillyb77

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2019, 04:58:56 PM »

That's exactly the same as my mum she was 51 and was totally fine. I just feel like a bit of a train wreck at the moment. I feel so flat and I'm usually such an up and going individual. Thanks so much for your message it helped 😃

Foxylady

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2019, 05:18:55 PM »

Hi Jillyb77, what have you to lose by trying HRT?, as suggested by others have a look at your lifestyle also. I'm 41yrs had 3 years of horrendous symptoms before I got diagnosis, was told it was not menopause when I suspected it 3 years ago. Anyway on second regime of HRT now and over the last week I have consistently slept which is an amazing feeling, I no longer have the train wreck feeling. As you mentioned read up about menopause and ways you can help yourself (I've lost 2 stone so far, over hauled my diet and take some supplements) and enjoy your holiday!! 8)

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2019, 05:24:59 PM »

JillyB,
Think of it like this... You're going to get it over and done with before your friends. I'm  46, lost an ovary (very careless !!), and got hit by the meno train. After spending an awful lot of time on here, I now know that I had peri issues for a couple of years prior ti the surgery. But I just thought I was getting old, and these things happen  :o
Your GP is def a keeper. And think about HRT, as it can be trial and error to find the right one, so may take some time to get there.
Welcome to the club.  :)

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2019, 05:36:07 PM »

Yes welcome JillyB
As Pants says, welcome to our club..
The train wreck club....😆

Hope you have a great holiday, try to relax, and then when you get back you'll be able to take everything on board......hopefully... :o
Pages: [1] 2