Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Provera  (Read 1409 times)

Karen max

Provera
« on: July 12, 2019, 11:15:07 PM »

Hi all
Just ne again , just wanted to know if anyone else who uses provera is struggling with it ?
I'm great on the estriol gel then after day of taking provera I feel awful , tummy starts with cramping then anxiety hits the roof , I don't want to go back to hrt clinic complains incase they take me of the gel as it is definitely helping but provera is awful ...
I know it's only 12 days per month but it's really getting me down as anxiety is driving je crazy 😜

Kaz x

Foxylady

Re: Provera
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 07:13:33 AM »

Hi Karen max, Sorry to hear your having such an awful time. I'm not much help to you as so far (been on it daily for a month) the only issue I've had was almost a week of migraines & breakthrough bleeding 2 weeks ago. Not had anxiety although I'm on AD. I hope you get some relief. x

Karen max

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 10:54:06 AM »

Hi foxylady
It gives me awful bad headaches also , it's my tummy which it effects the most after day 1 of taking it my tummy feels like it's in knots , I don't feel sick thankfully tho it does put me of eating , I'm also on antidepressants but provera has my anxiety sky high
I just keep telling myself 12 days of feeling crap then il be back to normal I'm on day 3 now so counting the days until I stop it again

I hope your headaches ease up for you

Kaz x

Erinne

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 09:29:21 AM »

Hi Karen max,

Would it be possible for you to change to Utrogestan rather than Provera? Provera is a synthetic progesterone whereas Utrogestan is body identical so you might have less issues with it.

With Utrogestan you take it at night on an empty stomach so no food or milky drinks for two hours beforehand.

If you're taking progesterone for 12 days a month, i.e. sequentially, then you take 200mgs of Utrogestan.  (If you're taking it continuously then it's 100mgs).

Erinne  x

Karen max

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 12:50:55 PM »

Hi Erinne
I'm no longer with the hrt clinic now so I can't see them changing it for me to be honest , the estrogel I'm using is great 2 pumps morning and night it's only these bloody tabs don't suit me , I'm waiting for surgery to have prolapse repaired bowel and bladder also having womb and ovaries remived and my womb is badly prolapsed, been waiting 3 yrs to date in the surgery so hopefully not much longer then I won't need to use the provera as they are only giving them to me for to bring a bleed on to stop lining of womb thicking

Kaz x

Erinne

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2019, 01:11:50 PM »

Wow Kaz that's a lot you're having to deal with.

Really hope you have your ops very soon and then as you say you won't need the provera and can just have the benefits of the Estrogel.

Take care, Erinne  xx

Foxylady

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2019, 06:20:29 PM »

Karen max, that's awful, I hope the surgery is soon for you now when you have waited so long & that it is all you hope for ie relief of symptoms, pain etc. x

Karen max

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2019, 07:43:30 PM »

Hi
Thank yous for your well wishes , I just hope not much longer of a wait for the surgery as I'm getting really fed up with it all now ..
the waiting list is unreal and to go private costs way more than I can afford

Kaz x