Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Still at my wits end.....  (Read 787 times)

westie

Still at my wits end.....
« on: August 16, 2020, 12:53:09 PM »

Hi everyone

Some of you may remember my post in early March this year outlining my struggles with HRT and in particular Utogestan. I was so appreciative of all your replies and suggestions. Here we are some 5 months later and despite my best efforts I am still struggling and wondering where to go with all this.

After my last post I booked another appointment with Newson Clinic and explained my predicament re my apparent total intolerance of Utrogestan. They did blood tests to check my Oestrogen levels ( I had upped my dose from 2 to 3 pumps of gel)and the results were worse than the previous test, having fallen to 107 from 198, nowhere near the optimum level.

We concluded that I was not absorbing the gel very well and so she switched me to a patch - 50 Mg Estradot ( 75mg was the ideal but out of stock at the time). I also had to top up with two pumps of gel which would hopefully raise my oestrogen levels and thereby reduce the side effects of the Utogestan which we agreed I would take after 3 months on new regime.

I just about managed this and did two weeks of Utogestan at end of May, it wasn’t great but as we were in lockdown and I had very little else to do I was able to make allowances for myself. I then arranged another blood test as I was curious to know here my oestrogen levels were with the increased dose. 170 this time so better than March but still not great.

Spoke to Newson Clinic again ten days ago. She has switched me to the 75mg Estradot patch which is now in stock. Have been using it ( no gel) for just over a week and have had ongoing headache, and now for the last few days diarrhoea! Feeling pretty crap and on the verge of giving up altogether.

I so wish HRT was the game changer I hoped it would be but for me it has been a series of trial and mainly error. Am at a stage now where I don’t know if I feel worse on or off it.

Sorry to ramble on for so long, I just feel very sad today .😢

W xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Still at my wits end.....
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2020, 01:47:52 PM »

Maybe 75 is a little too much suddenly?  Do you have any of the 50mg left?   Maybe 75 every 3rd day 2 see how you feel?  It is Trial and Error!  If necessary pop a 50 in between the 75s? 

Put the product name into the search box to see what pops up?