Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: HRT and the mini pill  (Read 2876 times)

Choc Ice

HRT and the mini pill
« on: July 09, 2019, 10:06:07 PM »

I know this is probably a stupid question, but I'm still on the mini pill, and haven't had a proper period on this for years. I'm 52, and having the symptoms  night sweats, flushes, headaches, V A etc, can I stop the mini pill or can I stay on it even tho the GP prescribed Evorel Sequi? I'm really confused, and do not want a pregnancy accidents! .

pants46

• Still Struggling
Re: HRT and the mini pill
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 10:21:59 PM »

Hey Choc Ice.
Yes, you can stay on the minipill at the same time as using Evorel Sequi. That's how I started my HRT journey. I had been in the minipill for 12 years.
The sequi HRT is designed to give you a bleed once a month. But if you stay on the  minipill, then you may not get any bleeds. That's what my GP told me, and the first month (when I was on both), I didn't get a bleed.

Choc Ice

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 10:28:21 PM »

Thank you for this, my GP never said a thing about it, so I kind of assumed I had to stop it. I'm soo glad I asked here. How come they  seem so sure of their ‘knowledge ‘ and yet you all know more here.

Choc Ice

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 10:31:04 PM »

I forgot to ask, how long should I be on the mini pill or rather maybe the question should be how long can I be on both?

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 11:10:20 PM »

Choc Ice. I'm afraid it's pot luck with GPs. You will see that is a common thread on here, I'm afraid.
You can take the minipill up to age 55, assuming no risk factors. I assume your GP regularly checks your blood pressure.
Therefore you can take both up to age 55. At which point you should come off the minipill, and move to continuous HRT. It is presumed that you cannot get pregnant at age 55.