Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Memory loss  (Read 5536 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Memory loss
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2019, 09:50:25 AM »

Rosie - you were right  :thankyou: :foryou:

At 11.30 p.m., I moved a very large Teddy bear and there was the paper work - in an envelope so I was looking for the wrong thing anyway  ::).  PHEW!  Now in a safe[r] place.

My head feels clearer today.

Dorothy

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2019, 11:54:48 AM »

So glad you've found your paperwork - getting stressed doesn't help you remember, but it's so hard not to when something important goes astray!

I have a VIP box where I keep Very Important Paperwork - vehicle reg documents, NHS card, will, certificates, savings account passbooks - anything that would cause major complications if it were mislaid.  I've found that really helpful, and I'm now pretty good at remembering to put stuff straight back in the box if I take it out for any reason.

I'm also doing a steady de-clutter of the house, as I'm finding that the less 'stuff' I have, the easier it is for me to keep on top of things.  I'm finding box files work better for me than ringbinders for stuff I need to keep, as I just have to open the box and chuck it in, instead of finding a hole punch and pulling the rings apart on a binder.  Doesn't sound much extra work, but it's amazing how stuff that needs to be hole-punched takes so much longer to be tidied away!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2019, 12:14:15 PM »

I have boxes everywhere plus a 4 drawer filing cabinet ...... I lack recall when I've done anything, not a recent problem ........

I have 3 boxes on our lounge floor that I brought from Mum's property 12 months ago not yet tackled as I would then have to make decisions  :-\
Pages: 1 [2]