Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Hello everyone! I am 50 and have come here because I have just started HRT.  (Read 1009 times)

LucyDiamond

Just trying to get my head around everything. I was prescribed Sandrena Gel 1mg and Provera tablets 2.5mg in April (continuous HRT as my last full period was in 2014). I have been randomly spotting since 2014. I started spotting everyday ten days after first taking the HRT.

I have been bleeding ridiculously heavily for two weeks. I saw the doctor yesterday and she said that I may not be post-menopausal and perhaps I should try cyclical HRT. The other alternative being to come off HRT and see if I stop bleeding. She is also giving me a scan to check all is well. She gave me patches-

EVOREL SEQUI

estradiol

norethisterone acetate

I applied the first one yesterday. Today I am bleeding more heavily than ever.

TMI- Super Plus tampon and pad need changing every hour. What is really troubling me are the clots, which seem to bypass the tampon.

Has anyone had experience of bleeding on HRT? It's getting me down. I had (what I thought were) heavy periods in the past but NOTHING like this. Thank you for any advice you can offer. I will be looking around the forum to learn more.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 02:20:09 PM by LucyDiamond »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them

Hi - put the noresthisterone into the search box and see what pops up.  I think it might take a few days for the drug to work.  HRT can really help various aspects of The Change but as the body doesn't get where it is suddenly, it may well take a while for the body to realise that it's getting replacement  ::)

:welcomemm:

jillydoll

• Hiya

Hi Lucy Diamond..
Can't help with your particular hrt, but just wanted to say hi.  :welcomemm:
Sorry to hear your suffering the dreaded bleeding, hope it sorts out soon..
Ask anything you like, we're always here to offer help and support...
Jd xx.