Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Occupational Therapist Referral by Employer  (Read 652 times)

Bradenton69

Occupational Therapist Referral by Employer
« on: July 01, 2019, 12:43:52 PM »

Hi there.

Has this happened to anyone else.

I have been off 2 months with peri menopausal anxiety/panic attack's but also, diagnosed last week, Cuboid Syndrome in my foot. Original line at start of sick period was anxiety/hip and foot pain.  Basically as well as anxiety which I'm on Fluoxetine and Beta Blockers for I have arthritis in my hip as well as cuboid bone/perineal tendonophy which one isn't helping the other. Physio want to cortisone my hip but only once foot fixed. They are looking at now strapping it as the insoles have made it worse. If that doesn't push bone back in then it's back to hospital.

I am in agony and pain is keeping me up at night as well as hot flushes and now worried sick about referral.

Don't know what to think. This has never happened to anyone else in my office before.

Sorry for ramble.

Joaniepat

Re: Occupational Therapist Referral by Employer
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 01:21:21 PM »

Regarding the cuboid syndrome and perineal tendonopathy, I would want to stick to physical therapy. Insoles did harm to my feet as well. I'd be hobbling off to see my osteopath, as the hip pain and foot pain are, as you know, connected. A good osteopath would be my recommendation. Physios are great, but don't have the manipulate skills of an osteo.

JP x

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 03:28:06 PM »

Don't know much about your specific condition, but I do know a LOT about anxiety !!
I am also an expert in back pain, slipped discs and sciatica.  Knackers yard for me.
I love physio- only thing that works for me. I get it through occupational health at work for free. So I would use it to your advantage. Think about what you want from them.  At our work occ health is also about ‘reasonable adjustments to enable us to work, use that to your advantage too. I got a foot stool and reduced driving !
Haven't the chocolate fire guard or the sack yet lol

Bradenton69

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 01:12:36 PM »

Thanks. I'm back at the hospital on Thursday then OT Friday. They are using a private company. Think I'm feeling really panicky about it as they haven't referred anyone before. I will embrace any offer of help and I said to my manager, who has been brill, if the suggest help the CEO better open wallet. No point doing this if not willing to see through. Hate this meno malarkey. X