Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Tired and nauseous on Utrogestan  (Read 1233 times)

Jules53

Tired and nauseous on Utrogestan
« on: June 12, 2019, 07:15:57 AM »

Hi all

I am on day 13 of using Utrogestan 100 vaginally with Evorel 50 patches and am feeling so tired and nauseous! I am trying to drag myself out of bed at the moment but feel really sick.

Is this normal when starting Utrogestan and will it get better, or am I intolerant to it? The anxiety has got better but I am now feeling exhausted.  I would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks x

Dotty

Re: Tired and nauseous on Utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 08:24:31 AM »

Hi Jules
Exhaustion and nausea were signs of low oestrogen for me. I suffered for months. Once I got on the right dose of hrt things began to improve.

However, nausea can also be a sign of too much oestrogen . X

Jules53

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 08:28:02 AM »

Thanks Dotty. I'm due for a patch change today so it could be low Oestrogen. I will see if that helps.

Do you take Utrogestan every day and how long did it take to settle down? I'm using it vaginally. Thanks for your reply.

Jules x

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 11:08:35 AM »

Hi yes I take Utrogestan every day orally and I've never had any problems or side effects with it x

Tc

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 11:19:30 AM »

Hiya. I have these symptoms from utrogestan. I cant take it continuously but then my eastrogen is very low so the balance is off.so I'm not a great example.
I would suggest maybe give it a bit more time especially as you've not long started your regime.
If things dont improve maybe see your doc about either a different progesterone or possibly taking it on a shorter cycle.
When you first start hrt your body does seem to "kick off" a bit. Especially if you have been very low in eastrogen before. You may find as you adjust the symptoms settle. I hope so.
X

Jules53

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 12:26:08 PM »

Thanks Tc.

I changed my Oestrogen patch this morning and my anxiety spiked again and I've been sweating! Not quite sure what is going on. I think my hormones are all over the place!🙄😟.

Will give it longer. Thanks for your reply X