Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Hrt  (Read 774 times)

Pink68

Hrt
« on: July 11, 2019, 09:40:45 AM »

Hi ladies I have been peri for the last 5 years. I have just tried to plod on with symptoms but they are getting to me now, especially the fatigue low energy, moods etc. My doc gave me everol sequi to take but I was wondering if this would be to high a dose to start off with. Could I half the patch and if so do I have to do the same with the Conti patch ?
Thanks pink68 x

Sgtvhilts

Re: Hrt
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 10:29:52 AM »

Hi,
I am pretty much the same ball park as you.
I started hrt April 18. GP wanted to give me patches to start - nah, went for once a day oral Femeston 1mcg, amazing, 3 days later head was clear , some symptoms like the night sweats kept creeping back, so I have in the last year tried patches, utrogestan, Femeston 2mgs.  None of it was ‘idiot proof' enough for me, and some of it made me feel really 💩💩💩. So I went back to Femeston 1mg, but then I ‘accidentally ‘ fell on a 100mcg patch, it stuck right on my butt.......... now I really feel good, GP has sort of agreed to it.....
My advice is to do what you like- you can't do it ‘wrong', you will soon know what works for you. Try either, start with half and creep up, or start with whole and work down.
I am an absolute bu**er and will experiment on myself regardless of what I am prescribed, but I do so knowing the risks.
Enjoy your Oestrogen.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 07:50:16 PM »

You could halve the patches (off licence) but might be an idea to take the whole of the conti patch - firstly because some women find the side effects from the progestogen part are less if they increase their oestrogen dose at the same time, and secondly because the slightly higher dose of progestogen would be more effective in keeping your uterus lining thin. You may well find that after the two weeks on oestrogen only (half patch) your body more readily acclimatises to the increased oestrogen dose when you go onto a full patch?

Good luck :)

Hurdity x

Pink68

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 08:34:08 PM »

Thanks ladies I will give it a go. hope it helps with all this peri stuff.. xx