Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Worried sick now  (Read 7871 times)

allie007

Re: Worried sick now
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2019, 05:02:55 AM »

Thats why I am so worried Birdy

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2019, 08:31:59 AM »

Make a list of your symptoms and queries so that you have it by the 'phone and ASK!

Don't be disappointed if blood tests aren't suggested.

allie007

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2019, 08:34:41 AM »

I am wearing the patch but I haven't used the gel. 
I was reading my diary last night and i noted about 6 weeks ago that i had period type pain but havent noted anything since.  I felt as if i was having twingey pains last night and again today so paranoid now Ive always had them and not paid attention or is it just my anxiety causing this. Ive been googling and racking my brain all night.
If it wasn't a mistake and the result is high again after the test at Nuffield i will go and see a different GP in the practise.

CLKD

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2019, 09:07:42 AM »

Get rid of GOOGLE?  I had my last period in 2002 and still get period-type pains occasionally.  But never a bleed.

HORMONES  >:(  ::)

If you keep swapping GPs you won't know where you are.  Keep that list ;-)

What have you got planned for a wet Sat., I ought to get on .........

allie007

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2019, 09:25:02 AM »

Ive only just joined that practise and seen the same doctor twice. He was the one that admitted in the first appointment he didn't know much about HRT.
The weekend.....am a single mum so just.me and my little boy doing something outdoorsy.
Hope you both have a lovely weekend xxx

CLKD

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2019, 10:01:52 AM »

So you and your GP can work as a Team - introduce him to MM Forum ;-).  Tell him that you are aware that Research long ago has been discredited and can we work in the here and now, take a list of symptoms and work through them.  That's what I do with my GP and he usually takes the list so that I don't avoid anything  ::)

Hopefully the weather will be better so that you can do outdoorsy things today  :).  How much worry is caused by your having less back-up than if you had a partner?  Maybe time to put measures in place ?

NorthArm

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2019, 07:57:58 AM »

Hi Allie, are you peri or post meno? If you're peri, your fsh levels will go up and down in accordance with your cycle. For example, an fsh level of under 20 means that you might be ovulating.

During peri, your oestrogen levels go a bit hay wire, so when they're low, your fsh levels keep on rising. And rising. This then indicates to the adrenals to produce more adrenaline, as a weaker kind of oestrogen is produced from it. This is where the adrenal surges and hot flushes happen....basically it's down to the HPA (hypothalamic- pituitary - adrenal) axis taking over where our ovaries leave off.

An fsh reading of 11 is ok, as it shows the oestrogen is being well absorbed and keeping that level low. Post meno levels are less than 100 for oestrogen and anything over 30 for fsh.

I hope this helps xx

allie007

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2019, 12:29:34 PM »

Hi ladies
Lovely to hear from you and thank you for that info North Arm.
Ive been in such a state this last week, broke down in tears an hour ago in work, am really struggling to hold it together.
Whats worse is I have been  pain in my lower pelvis this week which seems worse when I'm sitting. And getting worse daily. Its not there when I wake up but starts a few hours after.Anxiety maybe? Or coincidence?
I had an estradiol blood test at Nuffield on Tuesday morning, they said I could get the results today.
Im not sure if I am peri, haven't had a period for years because I have a mirena.
Surely my levels wouldn't go up as far as nearly 5000? Im only on 100 Estradot and 1 pump of gel.

allie007

« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2019, 12:32:20 PM »

Ive been googling like crazy. Is it because I drink too much coffee? Is it because I was taking Kalms that weekend? Is it because of my multivitamins or collagen supplements?

CLKD

« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2019, 01:54:21 PM »

STOP GOOGLING  :poke2: what do you hope to find there that you can't ask about here? Or talk to a Pharamacist about?

HORMONES  >:( ......... also, we evolved upright.  So it may be that pressure from the head is causing back ache, plus anxiety will cause tension in all the muscle groups.  Is it bad enough to take pain relief?  How is your seating position? What footwear do you use daily - I could cure half the World's backache!! by suggestion correct footwear otherwise the body compensates to maintain balance = aches and pains  ::)

"surely" ? what makes you ask the question?  Hormones are what they are, up and down 24/7.   'could get the results' so don't worry - Labs. are notoriously busy and it may be next week B4 they arrive.  Then what?  Who will interpret them or do you need another appt.?

allie007

« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2019, 02:06:54 PM »

Its not in my back its in my pelvis and yes I have taken pain relief. Not working.
I'm going to see a different GP in the practise, a female one that was recommended.
I was also thinking about emailing Dr Currie.

CLKD

« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2019, 02:45:21 PM »

OK - another nosey question: where abouts in the pelvic area is it painful?  Low back pain in the 'small' of the back is a different causation from for example, hip pain [which occurs in the groin] ....... pain relief should help - I find Nurofen far better, 'paracetamol' makes absolutely no difference.

SueLW

« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2019, 02:48:10 PM »

Look  :o.  Stop panicking.

So what if your oestrogen level is high?  What do you think that will do to you?  The answer is, if you feel OK then it's fine.

Chances are it's dropped down again now anyway.  You can't possibly have levels that high off a patch and some gel so if it is high its your own hormones fluctuating and they will drop again.  I've had high levels up in the thousands and low down less than 50 during peri.  It won't harm you if you don't have symptoms.

The groin pain could be an ovary trying to ovulate.  Or simply twisted gut or trapped air because of the stress you have put yourself under. 

The worst thing you can do in this state is Google.  The second worse thing you can do is just randomly remove all your hormones in one patch removing swipe.  You really do just need to settle down.

If you are suffering anxiety (from before the panic not now) then perhaps you could try reducing your dose a little to see if it helps.  If it doesn't, keep as you were.

CLKD

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2019, 02:51:09 PM »

I have low back pain this afternoon.  In face, I need to shuffle off this sofa and get a cuppa. I've been busy cleaning white goods in the utility room which meant a lot of bending etc.. 

I have sciatica occasionally, eased by pain relief and a brisk walk.  Pain in the groin originates from the hip. 

:thankyou:  SueLW!

allie007

« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2019, 02:53:25 PM »

Is there a way of attaching my results? Its just come through. It says 395!! Am i dreaming??
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5