Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hello!!  (Read 864 times)

Jax8008

Hello!!
« on: June 06, 2019, 05:56:41 AM »

Hello everyone
I'm new to this site.
I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at 47 and started going through the menopause not long after. I am now 56 and still suffering badly with mood swings, uncontrollable body temperature. I had an X-ray on my neck about 7 years ago and was diagnosed with cervical osteoarthritis with moderate to severe damage to C4 & C5.
I've booked myself in to see my GP next week to ask what I can do, any advice would be grateful.
Thanks
Jackie

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hello!!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 06:37:51 AM »

Morning!  Some ladies find that keeping a mood/food/symptom diary is useful.  Make a list of symptoms to take to the GP and ask for advice.  Some however, know very little about menopause.  Some will insist on trying anti-depressant medication first and some don't believe a woman is in menopause unless she's experiencing hot flushes, insomnia, X, Y, Z.

As oestrogen levels drop muscles may become lax = aches and pains, also the body may become dry, inside and out: skin, nostrils, deep in the ears, vagina ......

Browse round.  Make notes ;-)  :welcomemm:

Jax8008

Re: Hello!!
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 06:50:15 AM »

Thanks CLKD for your reply and I will take note of your suggestion. My GP is really good and I think will be quite open about prescribing HRT. Just reading a few posts on here made me wonder if it's time to take this course of action. I will start my diary today so that I shall be armed with evidence too.
Jackie 😃