Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Help needed please  (Read 1206 times)

Tinacros

Help needed please
« on: June 02, 2019, 11:07:54 AM »

Had my last period may 2016 age 46. Started femoston 1/10 for a couple of years felt great. Symptoms returned (think I had all 34) so doc tried me on 2/10.  My boobs swelled and I couldn't wear a bra some days!! Anyway I told gp (clueless) about oestrogel and utrogestan. My problem is dosage. I presume I'm post memo. Had oestradol levels checked years ago whilst on 1:10 and they were 287. How much oestrogel do I take.? Been on 2 pumps for two weeks and on 6th day of vaginal utrogestan.. cannot get out of bed in the morning and have banging headaches.! Just feel rubbish. I also have vaginal atrophy. On Ovestin and replens for that:(. Hubby had stroke last July so due to nerve damage in that area we can't have sex (thank god). I have no libido. Talked gp into testosterone test but labs refused to do it for some reason. I'm also on thyroid meds last test were ok.  HELP PLEASE 😩

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Help needed please
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 12:10:39 PM »

Hi Tinacros
I'm sorry to hear your struggling. You are post meno as your last period was in 2016.
I think you need more oestrogen. Some ladies on here have 4 pumps. It's trial and error. It's also the Utrogestan that's causing the upset, headaches, ect.
I'm on femoston conti, and I'm sure some ladies who are on the same as you will post soon..
What mg of Utrogestan are you on, it's normally 100 mg or 200 mg...?
As I say, someone with more experience of your regime will post soon...
Also, some ladies don't recognise the replens, it's not very good. So maybe having another look at would help, some ladies use Yes products, and there's another one, can't remember it's name though.
Hang tight, some one will be soon.....xxxx

Tinacros

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 01:27:06 PM »

Thankyou for your reply. I thought I needed more oestrogel but I used 4 yesterday and felt rotten this morning 😟 I've been using 100mg vaginally and I am on day 6 of that. I though the extra oestrogel was giving me hot flashes... I was thinking of emailing dr Currie x

Dierdre

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2019, 01:40:34 PM »

Hi Tinacros, sorry cant help much with the HRT but please dont use Replens especially at the same time as Ovestin. YES and Sylk products are much better.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2019, 02:05:45 PM »

I think it's the prog!
Many women suffer on that...
You could change to Provera? See how that goes, maybe hang on to what others say before you e- mail dr currie.?
There's quite a lot of ladies on here, on your regime.
Maybe they can offer more help....xx

Tinacros

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2019, 03:07:32 PM »

Thankyou. I just don't know whether I need more or or less oestrogel. I never really had withdrawal bleeds on femoston 1/10 either but doc said this is fine. I'm only having on squirt today to see if I feel better and then increase as I need too. I was only going to take utrogestan for 7 days see if it works. Feel like trying the 2/10 again 🙈

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2019, 03:08:58 PM »

Some ladies find that keeping a mood/symptom/food diary is useful.

:welcomemm:

Tinacros

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2019, 03:54:45 PM »

I'll try that 😁

Foxylady

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2019, 06:39:53 PM »

There's a good menopause diary on Rockmymenopause website, I've started using it since middle of last month. Helps me notice if there is a pattern to anything & will be useful going for medical appointments.

Tinacros

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2019, 06:26:37 PM »

Thank you x