Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Veins in fingers bursting.  (Read 29332 times)

Wrensong

Re: Veins in fingers bursting.
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2019, 06:12:35 PM »

Thank you Racjen  :) - interesting & reassuring for many ladies I suspect, but can't explain mine, as it goes back years before starting HRT @ 3-years postmenopause when my oestrogen was tested & found to be too low to measure.  The easy bruising has continued during a long period off HRT too.

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2019, 06:52:37 PM »

Yes I suffer with burst veins the first time was years ago and my friends called it a Smurf finger ;D went to the GP and he said the blood vessel had burst but nothing to worry about. Then they started coming back and not always on the same finger but it's the numbness I hate. I also suffer with fingers going very white & so very cold or purple when I mentioned it to my GP she said it could be Raynard's.

racjen

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2019, 08:08:01 PM »

Wrensong, Achenbach's Syndrome appears to be one of those things that no-one can explain - all they know is it tends to happen in middle-aged women and it's not anything to worry about....No idea who Achenbach was, a bloke no doubt  ;D

Hvenab

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2019, 08:16:41 PM »

I too have found this so carried a shopping bag which has strong handles and a couple of time it pinged and finger swelled went blue. Gp said just blood vessels breaking and nothing to worry about. Started evorel sequi happend during estrogen part. It really panicked me. Sounds common

Wrensong

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2019, 09:52:35 AM »

Racjen - just more bizarre menopausal weirdness then?!  Nothing surprises me any more  ;D

racjen

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2019, 10:59:04 AM »

Yep, I think that just about sums it up  :o
 :o

jaypo

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2019, 11:18:23 AM »

Hahaha mine just done it today,at the base of my pinky😳

Hvenab

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2019, 01:59:58 PM »

It's a relief to see these posts. I was beginning to worry it was something sinister.

jaypo

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2019, 02:02:10 PM »

We always go the sinister route first don't we😳

Wrensong

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2019, 06:52:49 PM »

One of the best things about the forum, Hvenab - sharing can bring us much needed reassurance.  The solidarity on this site is fab.  So many lovely women with so much wisdom, experience, empathy & support - invaluable at what can be a really unnerving & difficult time of our lives.  A brilliant idea to set it up.  :)
Pages: 1 [2]