Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Annoyed at yet more shortages!  (Read 5906 times)

Karen max

Re: Annoyed at yet more shortages!
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2019, 06:00:35 PM »

It's same here I'm in Northern Ireland and my last patch I traveled almost every part of the place to find the patch
It's messing so many people up as trying to find another patch or another form of hrt isn't easy

Kaz x

linz57

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2019, 06:57:43 PM »

On top of all the chopping and changing with hrt, what really winds me up is the pharmacist saying to me “ just go back to the doctor and he will prescribe another type, they're all the same” Argh!!! Your time will
come lady and then let's see if they're all the same!
It really is a postcode lottery and that's  frustrating and unfair.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 07:09:10 PM by linz57 »

Hvenab

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2019, 07:18:48 PM »

How come independent pharmacies can get hold of evorel products but Lloyd's cannot? I'm.in south east x

Rosebush

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2019, 08:34:09 PM »

Just been reading on Tv text that HRT supplies are low and its causing problems around UK... but it did not state a reason why!!!!!!

Katejo

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2019, 11:32:57 AM »

When I saw my GP on Friday she said that GP's are now being sent lists of HRTs that are not currently available as there are so many that out of stock.  I'm not sure if this is countrywide.  Made me laugh though because when I went to the pharmacist to get my prescription, they said they were out of stock !!!! I give up, I really do  ::)

Rosie63 x
  I saw an article yesterday which said that pharmacies had been banned from giving patients the real reasons for the shortages. I will post it if I find it again. Only on phone now.

Saffy

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2019, 04:03:23 PM »

It gets worse  >:(. For those of you not on Twitter:

From Dr Anne Henderson:
I have just been advised by our Pharmacy Team at KIMS that there is now an @DHSCgovuk embargo on ordering #HRT patches and supplies are being severely restricted to only 10% of previous orders. I have never come across such an utterly disgraceful situation. Truly unbelievable!

Saffy

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2019, 11:03:31 PM »

Further update from Dr Anne Henderson:

I have been in touch with @Novartis who manufacture one of the leading brands of #HRT patch and I understand that they have adequate supplies of the products but the “middle men” in the equation - let me guess who they are! @DHSCgovuk - are restricting distribution.

linz57

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2019, 10:49:46 AM »

Thanks for this Saffy. I knew it, I just knew it would be something like this. 😡The government may try and keep us in the dark about these things but the truth will come out.
It is truly disgusting, so much for helping women's health eh? As usual they put us right down at the bottom of the pile when it comes to importance.
I suppose it's all about prioritising due to financial issues and I know menopause isn't an illness,  but some of the symptoms make us feel ill and stop us functioning properly.
It looks like I'll be stocking up on my upcoming Spanish holiday then.

Katejo

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2019, 11:18:34 AM »

Thanks for this Saffy. I knew it, I just knew it would be something like this. 😡The government may try and keep us in the dark about these things but the truth will come out.
It is truly disgusting, so much for helping women's health eh? As usual they put us right down at the bottom of the pile when it comes to importance.
I suppose it's all about prioritising due to financial issues and I know menopause isn't an illness,  but some of the symptoms make us feel ill and stop us functioning properly.
It looks like I'll be stocking up on my upcoming Spanish holiday then.
   Perhaps I will book a trip to Spain then.   Have any of you tried the Independent Pharmacy? They are somehow still getting supplies. I sent them a prescription last week for Evorel Conti. I have just chased it up and they have just replied to say that they have received it and that I should get the Evorel on Friday. That is with an NHS prescription so I don't have to pay the high charges advertised on their website.
I won't believe it until it arrives though.

linz57

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2019, 11:27:21 AM »

Hi Katejo, yes I have just got three months supply from the Independent Pharmacy, but I'm concerned that further down the line they too will be unable to get more stock.
I read on here recently that Spanish pharmacies sell a comparable patch over the counter so, depending on the cost when I get there, I thought it might be prudent to buy a few more months supplies.

Katejo

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2019, 12:41:17 PM »

Hi Katejo, yes I have just got three months supply from the Independent Pharmacy, but I'm concerned that further down the line they too will be unable to get more stock.
I read on here recently that Spanish pharmacies sell a comparable patch over the counter so, depending on the cost when I get there, I thought it might be prudent to buy a few more months supplies.
  I tried to persuade the GP to give me a prescription for more than just  16 (because of the supply problem) but they said no. How soon are you going to Spain? Please let me know if you are successful in getting some.

linz57

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2019, 02:30:55 PM »

I'm going mid September, I'll see how many I can bring home ( cost permitting as well as how many I'm allowed etc) and if I can bring a few I'll let you know once I'm home. If I can get some for you I will

Saffy

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2019, 02:37:27 PM »

Such a pain that Spain doesn't allow Spanish pharmacies to sell online  :(. Apparently we can use our UK prescriptions in other EU countries (that won't sell prescribed meds over the counter like Spain ). Not sure how that works in practice.

I think The Independent Pharmacy receive supplies direct from the manufacturers whereas the high street chemists are restricted to using the limited NHS 'warehouses'  (I think there are two?). These act as 'middlemen' and stock only what they have determined is required and they have pre-ordered from the manufacturers. I would guess that the selection of products and how much they have in stock will have been determined months before and they will be glacially slow at responding to sudden changes in demand.

linz57

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2019, 03:29:43 PM »

Ah yes Saffy, that makes sense, do you think we dare hope that the Independent Pharmacy ( and other small indie ones) will continue to be able to get stock in then? It sounds as though they should be able to. I dare say they would order more in if they found more and more people were using their services. Let's hope so.

Saffy

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2019, 03:43:37 PM »

I really don't know TBH  :-\. Where there are genuine shortages/manufacturing issues, I suspect not but it's not entirely clear to which products this applies. It definitely looks like the DOHSC is rationing all HRT supplies to the NHS, possibly to enable production to catch up  >:(.
Pages: 1 [2]