Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Oestrogen replacement  (Read 633 times)

Henderson

Oestrogen replacement
« on: May 17, 2019, 07:38:31 AM »

Really confused - have gone through menopause did not take HRT but do not understand  - if my oestrogen is low should I be doing/taking something to boost the levels - feel down and not myself.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Oestrogen replacement
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 02:48:30 PM »

Hi!  How long since your last period, can you remember?

Menopause is literally: the last monthly period.  For many of us we think that's it, a few hot flushes, no bleeds then .......

Maybe keeping a mood/symptom/food diary would be useful.  Decide which symptom is the most bothersome?

How old are you?  Ladies with 'early menopause' should be protected with HRT if appropriate.  Tell us more about yourself ;-)

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 03:56:49 PM »

Hi Henderson - sadly we women are educated about puberty but not about what happens with menopause.  Do read up all the info on this site to get clued up.

Many of us would love to use oestrogen alone to help maintain our bodies better beyond menopause but it's often the progesterone that we have to use alongside (if you still have a womb/uterus) that can be the troublesome bit of HRT for some women. 

There can be many reasons for feeling down and have low mood but the menopause is called ‘The Change' for good reasons - our bodies are reacting to the loss of that wonderful engine oil, oestrogen, and sadly the only way to replace this is HRT. Some women suffer less than others and if you want to try HRT(provided you don't have any health issues that would prevent this) then give it a go to see if it helps you. Some lifestyle changes can improve things, so try this first - try some Vit D supplements, eat a good balanced diet and up the exercise to see if this helps.  DG x
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 07:29:32 PM by Dancinggirl »

Henderson

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 05:35:23 PM »

Hi
Thanks good advise - been through menopause did not take HRT but wondering if anyone has any tips or ideas

Perinowpost

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 09:22:51 PM »

Hi Henderson you don't say how old you are? Also when you say you've gone through menopause unfortunately your periods may have ended but unfortunately oestrogen deficiency is life long. And one of the downsides of this can be low mood. Nothing works like hrt believe me I've tried without. The others have given you good advise but ultimately hrt is a personal choice. Browse this forum and read others stories it really helped me x