Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Advice/help please  (Read 1013 times)

purplebee

Advice/help please
« on: June 27, 2019, 09:59:14 AM »

Hi,  I started taking Evorel Conti when I was 53 (i'm 68 now) My GP raised his concerns when I hit 60 so I compromised and cut the patch in half. I was fine on it for years and in 2015 my GP asked me point blank to stop. I did and it was an awful experience. After a couple of weeks I slapped a full patch on out of desperation. This, after a while proved to be too much for my system, boobs hurt all the time and I just didn't feel right.. so back I went on half a patch but things were never the same, I started spotting all the time and in 2017 after a Hysteroscopy a very large polyp was found along with a smaller one.. it was removed and thought to be the cause of all the spotting. I had to stop the Evorel before my operation and after the polyp had been removed I saw another GP at my Practice who put me on Femoston conti (I had spotting all the way through for 10 months and in January this year I asked to go back on Evorel. I was fine for the first few months,no spotting,no flushes, but felt very tired and then had a 10 day bleed. I cut my patch in half to see if a lower dose would help but I still felt tired and foggy headed so in a 'trial and error' theory I put a full patch on 2 weeks ago.. I just don't feel right, I'm still foggy brained and tired and getting to the end of my tether with it all. Sorry for the long post but I really feel like taking the patch off altogether and seeing if that helps. I had a blood test 18 months ago and all is ok. I would welcome any advice please and also if anyone else has had a similar experience? Many thanks in advance.

purplebee

Re: Advice/help please
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 08:13:31 PM »

Just to add to my post.. I've taken the patch off to see of it's causing the tiredness.. fingers crossed!

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2019, 03:54:40 PM »

I think Purplebee, you should start with just the half patch, just to get your hormones back up. It can take a while to settle, I'm on femoston conti, and sometimes the tiredness is so strong, I have to nap. Other times it's not too bad...it's crazy.
you'd think that after a break, then going back on the same hrt, everything would be the same, but for some reason it isn't.
Hope it works out well for you, perseverance is key.....a pain in the butt, but key!
Let us know what happens.
Hopefully some else will post with more experience than me and offer some advice. Xx

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 05:21:23 PM »

Hi purplebee. Eighteen months is quite a while in relation to your last blood test and I would suggest that you ask for a full blood screen which should also include your Vit. D levels. I had the type of tiredness you describe despite being on HRT and I had low iron levels and low Vit. D. It's worth getting it checked.

Taz x