Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: New! Periods stopped, crazy symptoms, wondering what to do next...  (Read 1515 times)

Lotielotlots

• First Flush

Hello there! I'm hoping you can help with some advice. I've been peri for about 8 years, lots of insomnia, anxiety, panic, low mood, weight gain/loss, exhaustion, foggy mind, inability to concentrate etc. My periods stopped in January and whereas my symptoms had been in line with my cycle, now, they're all over the place. And more intense. I had a session with a menopause counsellor who recommended I approach my GP and ask for Oestrogel and Utrogestan. I am really nervous about this but really keen for my symptoms to improve and be a bit more predictable. Can anyone advise if I should wait for 12 months to be up and just put up with this so that I can go onto a non-bleeding type of regime? Or just go for it? I've felt so desperate but I'm worried how HRT could affect me and my ability to function anything close to normally. Thanks everyone. This forum is amazing

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: New! Periods stopped, crazy symptoms, wondering what to do next...
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 04:39:49 PM »

What's to lose?

:welcomemm: hopefully someone will be along who has tried what has been suggested 4 U.  Or put the product names into the search box.  Make notes ;-).

Browse round. 

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2019, 04:43:09 PM »

Why wait? You feel awful now and HRT more than likely will improve things. I'd rather feel better and put up with the bleed. The only drawback is that you won't know when you've in meno.

AG

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2019, 07:35:09 PM »

I have had very bad peri symptoms only once periods became very irregular, particularly over 2018. Luckily, things seem to have been improving slowly. I am nearly 50 and likely towards end of peri, not on HRT (yet). If you feel really awful now it may be worth trying on a low dose HRT regime now rather than wait for the 12 months without periods. One thing that has helped for me is cutting down on caffeine, sugar and also exercise seems to help for me (even brisk walking). I think in my case what troubled me most were the hormone fluctuations and not necessarily low estrogen as such (although this may still start to show some time down the line) but everyone is different. AG

Lotielotlots

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2019, 08:56:45 PM »

What's to lose?

:welcomemm: hopefully someone will be along who has tried what has been suggested 4 U.  Or put the product names into the search box.  Make notes ;-).

Browse round.

Thank you do much CLKD x

Lotielotlots

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2019, 09:00:21 PM »

Why wait? You feel awful now and HRT more than likely will improve things. I'd rather feel better and put up with the bleed. The only drawback is that you won't know when you've in meno.

Hi Sheila99. Are you taking Oestrogel and Utrogestan and how did it feel when you started? A few people seem to be suggesting that diet/exercise/no caffeine could help as well. Is there a point when you'd move onto a conti regime from sequi?

Thanks again. Lotie

sheila99

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2019, 09:44:31 PM »

Yes, on oestrogen & utro. I started on everel sequi but got a rash under the patch so had to change. I spent 2 years undiagnosed - fatigue, insomnia, anxiety, bad mood, brain fog, no motivation. Not completely back to normal but probably 90%, I certainly wouldn't give up the HRT now. Some symptoms go quickly, others take longer. Insomnia & anxiety took nearly 3 months.
 I get fatigue on utro so I will probably go for a long cycle when in meno, or possibly try the mirena. I'd rather have a bleed than feel tired all the time. Looking after yourself in terms of diet & exercise is always good but for me it couldn't replace oestrogen. I was so tired before I did as little as possible, I can do much more now.
 Oestrogel & utro aren't always the best, what suits one person doesn't suit the next. The only to know is to try them and see. I didn't get tired on the everol progesterone like I do with utro.