Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: No sex on the NHS  (Read 3411 times)

MicheleMaBelle

Re: No sex on the NHS
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2019, 03:42:27 PM »

Hi MoanyBreeks ( love the name btw )
I'm in Scotland- near Glasgow. Not sure where you're based but there are a few meno clinics in Glasgow that I can share with you if interested. Also the name of a consultant who does private practice who got me onto his waiting list for his NHS meno clinic. He's also happy to prescribe T if needed.
 :D

Wrensong

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2019, 01:13:47 PM »

Was taken by surprise that Evorel Conti increased the urge for me - not sure whether just being on HRT as opposed to none or whether it was because the Norethisterone in it is testosterone derived.  OH was chuffed!  That's why I suggested considering trying a form of HRT with a T-based progestogen.  But sadly, not a suitable option for Moanybreeks.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 02:12:48 PM by Wrensong »

Moanybreeks

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2019, 01:31:24 PM »

Hi MichelleMaBelle  I am in the Falkirk area so not far to the bright lights of the City.  The GP that was so dismissive wasn't my normal one so I may try again with my usual one.  In my experience there is not a holistic approach to treatment.  Our surgery runs a digital message stating 'only one issue can be discussed per appointment'.. I have complained about it to no avail.  There seems no interest to treat meno side effects outside flushes and anxiety. I do appreciate that GP's are busy but a different approach may even save them time. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2019, 02:14:14 PM »

GPs are as busy as they allow themselves to be!  Maybe speak to a Practice Nurse for advice, we have Nurse Practitioners who are very knowledgeable and at least have the time to listen  ;)

Let us know how you get on?

MicheleMaBelle

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2019, 02:39:27 PM »

Hi MoanyBreeks- sadly, most of the GPs I saw just didn't know enough about it, didn't care or were just too busy. I was back and forwards for 16 months after starting HRT before I reluctantly went private and I was on my knees at the time. I saw Dr Perera at the Nuffield in Glasgow originally, he got me started on my current regime ( did need tweaking) and then wrote to my GP telling her what to prescribe and getting me referred to his NHS meno clinic at Stobhill. Got my first appointment there within 3-4 months but the follow up one was 10 months later. Point is, there is a meno clinic at Stobhill, one at Glasgow Royal Infirmary and one at the Sandyford clinic in Glasgow although I think they've all got long waiting lists.
I'm going to see Professor Lumsden at the Royal next Tuesday- never been there so I'll try and find out a bit about it.

Dr Perera did take a holistic view- he even suggested homeopathy and a possible referral to the homeopathic hospital but I'm not sure if this is still in existence. Hope this helps. X

Tc

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2019, 02:53:09 PM »

My surgery has the same "only one matter per appointment and only 5 mins per appoinrment. Last time I booked one the receptionist told me the day and said 10.30. I said have you got another one at  10.35 and another one at 10.40. Of course she laughed but its realy no laughing matter is it.
Pages: 1 [2]