Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Question about night sweats, insomnia and nightmares  (Read 1198 times)

Focus

Question about night sweats, insomnia and nightmares
« on: April 09, 2019, 08:50:42 AM »

Hello

I don't know if anyone has any information or ideas about this, but I've noticed that my night sweats are accompanied by insomnia. That's fine, there are no issues there. I've dealt with insomnia in my life before for many years.

But last night I had nightmares as well. The three times after I managed to fall asleep again I had another, totally different nightmare.

The only thing that was the same about them was that they were extremely vivid. The feelings I got from them were extremely vivid, totally real. I'd put them in the same sort of category as PTSD nightmares (which are different from normal nightmares, and which I had for a good while as part of having PTSD).

Is this normal? Is going through all of these bodily changes triggering my PTSD?

Two hoots

Re: Question about night sweats, insomnia and nightmares
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 09:12:36 AM »

I dream and get nightmares almost every night when I take certain brands of Citalopram. You didn't say if you take medication, but some brands I'm fine, others vivid dreams that I can remember when I wake up.

Focus

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 10:09:50 AM »

Thank you.

Just Loestrin 30. And I've been taking it since the end of January with no nightmares up until last night. But last night was kind of in the category of a PTSD nightmare: I thought I was going to die, and I had all the same feelings as the actual experience that caused the PTSD in the first place.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 02:05:10 PM »

Yep.  Busy, involved, illogical dreams - I've a thread somewhere.  I take various types of medication [not HRT] and have had dreams since I was a child. Family were angry/violent/unhinged  >:(.  My common dream was of wolves and I was scared of them in those days, I would wake and listen for ages: then when it was quiet enough I would go to my parents' room with my back to the wall so I couldn't be got  :o.  Now I understand wolves a lot more  ::)

Insomnia may be triggered by the alteration in body temperature prior to sweats.