Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Womens physio for bladder issues  (Read 6501 times)

Tc

Re: Womens physio for bladder issues
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2019, 12:50:53 PM »

Sadly it seems these symptoms are very common Suzy. Hope you get a referral.

And yes Mrs Bennett please let us know
Xx

rower

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2019, 11:07:58 AM »

Interesting read, I was referred to pelvic floor muscle person, I was taught what to do, and over the months it did help, I was leaking a bit every time I went out, no other symptoms. That was last year, but now it's not helping, feeling quite frustrated, I had a full hysterectomy nearly 10 years ago, just hoping it's not a prolapse as I don't have any of the symptoms, one says maybe use the vagifem more than 3 times a week, but that was before I read the latest news that Hurdity put on, so wondering taking it more would help.im 65. So I suppose everything goes pear shaped when you get older.

Tc

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2019, 02:31:28 PM »

Not necessarily rower. As the physio said it isnt just a part of ageing. If you have new symptoms or worsening ones why not ask referred to gynae.especially if it's been a while since you saw one.

Did you find vagifem helped your bladder but stopped working in which case I have read ladies on here say that after being on it a long time they feel doing another 2 week loading dose helps.
I've just started and I've done the 2 week loading dose but I've carried on nightly and will end the loading dose after 3 weeks. I did this off my own back as I just felt i wasn t ready to go to every other day yet which is what I have prescription for..
Xxx   

Tc

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2019, 03:54:48 PM »

Yes stella "the new normal". In so sick of that phrase. My bereavement counsellor said it to me. My gynae said it after my oopherectomy and I've heard it far too many times. My "new nornal" stinks and I dont want to accept it so it was a relief to hear the physio say it.
Glad you got on top of your symptoms early with vagifem. It just goes to show how important timely intervention is which many docs dont seem to recognise.
X

rower

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2019, 04:34:47 PM »

Tc, my gp put me on for two full weeks, I was taking vagifem 3 times a week, during that time I was doing pelvic floor exercise, and was attending every 8weeks for follow up, I had 3 session, and it helped, but the beginning of this year it doesn't seem to be working as well, I still do the exercise everyday as was told I have to do it for life, she said my muscles felt strong, so not sure why I'm leaking not massively but enough to put me down.

Tc

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2019, 04:38:03 PM »

How long have you been on the vagifem rower?

rower

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2019, 10:11:09 AM »

Tc I think I've been on vagifem for about 8/9 years, I had the hysterectomy in 2009, so I think it must of been a year or so later.

Tc

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2019, 01:19:07 PM »

Rower. Maybe a reload might help then  I've seen ladies say they do a reload after a long time on it. Ask your doc about it if you can.
Xx

rower

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2019, 03:57:43 PM »

Tc thanks, I'm seeing her next week, so will mention it to her

Tc

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2019, 09:40:36 PM »

Nothing to report yet as my appointment isnt til end of month but I  would just ask if you have all checked out our very own and very much respected  Maryjane's podcast about VA. She talks about womens physio as well as everything related to VA.
The link is on her thread.
I highly recommend a listen.
Xxxx
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 09:43:27 PM by Tc »

JaneinPen

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2019, 05:13:05 PM »

Hi Tc I have my appointment with the Women's Health Physio on June 12th. Have some forms they want me to fill out beforehand one of which is over 4 days on liquid intake, measuring in a jug how much I pee and whether I wet myself including a drop or enough to wet clothes and another form is for how often I leak and whether it interferes with my daily life. Did you also have forms to fill out beforehand?

Tc

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2019, 06:47:46 PM »

Hiya herdwick. Great news you got your appointment.

My first one to one appt is on Tuesday and the letter says to arrive 20 minutes early to fill out some forms which I guess will be the ones you've got 
I havent got the pee in a jug instructions though. Sounds like fun!! :)
Xx

Taz2

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2019, 06:59:41 PM »

Hi Tc I have my appointment with the Women's Health Physio on June 12th. Have some forms they want me to fill out beforehand one of which is over 4 days on liquid intake, measuring in a jug how much I pee and whether I wet myself including a drop or enough to wet clothes and another form is for how often I leak and whether it interferes with my daily life.

I had to fill in the forms and measure the urine intake and output. It's good that you have got these to do too. The whole appointment was very relaxed. If it's like mine then you will have a catheter inserted and the bladder is filled with a saline solution. You are asked to let them know, as the bladder fills, at which point you would consider needing to go to the loo and then when it becomes a bit more urgent and when you are desperate. This is all connected up to a computer system which shows the amount of "stretch" in your bladder as it fills. If I remember rightly you are then asked (and I found this the most embarrassing part) to jump up and down on a mat which measures how much leakage you have. You will then be taken to a  special toilet to empty your bladder. This measures the speed at which your bladder actually gets rid of the urine to ascertain whether you have any flow problems and whether it fully empties. It sounds a bit embarrassing but it is necessary to find out exactly what your problem is.

I found it really helpful and was given quite a few sessions with bio feedback which taught  me the correct exercises to do and by watching on the computer screen as I did them it was easy to see whether I was pulling up the right muscles. It got very competitive as the sessions went on with me trying to beat my previous months score!

Taz x

Tc

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2019, 02:25:51 PM »

Taz. I wonder why I didnt get the urine intake test? Did you do it before your first appt or after?
Xx

Tc

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2019, 02:27:37 PM »

Oops I meant urine output not intake. That would be disgusting :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3