Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Shock today  (Read 33795 times)

Tc

Re: Shock today
« Reply #150 on: April 02, 2019, 03:05:48 PM »

Sheila. Just seen your reply. Very relevant. I'm so glad to hear that. I've got testosterone ready to start. So that's good news  thank you x

Tc

« Reply #151 on: April 02, 2019, 09:32:10 PM »

Anna Muller. Thank you for your good wishes
I had ovaries nd tubes removed.
It does seem a coincidence that I havent had it for so many years until now.
I have been pretty unwell since the oP though so I'm probably more run down than I have been in years.
The first time I had shingles it came on when I had glandular fever. It realy is an opportunistic little beggar
It happened to your sister too after her op. It realy affects the nerves so my sympathy goes out to her.
Do you think your auto immune issues have been compounded by meno?

Jeepers

« Reply #152 on: April 05, 2019, 10:30:45 AM »

Good luck at the Doctors today TC, thinking of you

:bighug:

Jeepers xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #153 on: April 05, 2019, 12:17:01 PM »

I do wonder why the GP didn't send you to the correct depts. for appropriate investigations  :-\  >:( ......... GPs should at least know which Dept covers which conditions  :bang: :bang: :bang:

Let us know how you get on!

Anyone watch the programme above McVities biscuit manufacturers last night  ;D.  Miles and miles of ginger nuts ......... and custard creams  :sick02: ...... and acres of plastic covering  >:( but oh, so interesting  ;)

Tc

« Reply #154 on: April 05, 2019, 12:39:07 PM »

Thank you jeepers.how kind of you to remember.
The doc is sending me for endoscopy and is doing a stool sample and blood tests  she said she wanted to rule out any lumps or masses first with the ultrasound. And she confirmed it was clear apart from fatty liver.i have the colonoscopy she sent me for next week.
I must say when I first saw her she was the only doc in the practice I hadn t seen. I was despairing of them all and about to change practices but she seems very thorough.
She even gave me more vagifem without questioning how I had used it so quick!!
How are you today jeepers?

Jeepers

« Reply #155 on: April 05, 2019, 06:37:26 PM »

Hi TC

You are lucky to have a good female GP, I'm glad you found her.  We don't have any female doctors in our practice, changing practice is almost impossible in my area.
Its good that you are getting all your appointments. 

I'm feeling a little bit better today. thanks.  I got my gynae appointment through for next Weds, so I feel relieved.  I even managed to go to BodyPump today.  I used to go 2 or 3 times a week, but my anxiety got so out of hand, I was too scared to go.

Jeepers xx

Tc

« Reply #156 on: April 05, 2019, 07:41:13 PM »

Im so pleased you are having a better day and managed to get to body pump  jeepers  and it must be a relief to finally get your appointment through.
Xxxx

Tc

« Reply #157 on: April 06, 2019, 07:36:44 PM »

Hiya ladies. I didnt want to start a new thread on it  but I know some of you have had colonoscopy  I've got mine on Tuesday.
Today I just remembered  many moons ago  my wife taking a bowel preparation beforehand.

I havent been sent any instructions 
 I googled it and saw  you are supposed to stop ferris tablets 4 days before. So luckily just  in time to  stop my b12 today  but what i read also mentioned bowel preparation.
I can phone them on Monday  but is there anything else I need to do in the next 3 days.?

Any advice please?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #158 on: April 06, 2019, 07:38:33 PM »

:-X  ::) .......... let us know what you are supposed to do ?

jaypo

« Reply #159 on: April 06, 2019, 09:21:34 PM »

You should've definitely been given advice,I had to fast for a day beforehand and drink a prep which makes you empty your entire gut.phone them for sure xx

Tc

« Reply #160 on: April 06, 2019, 09:31:20 PM »

Thanks jaypo. I wont eat anthing Monday until I've spoke  to them.
X

Jenna

« Reply #161 on: April 06, 2019, 09:35:46 PM »

Tc

« Reply #162 on: April 06, 2019, 10:01:45 PM »

Jenna. Thank you so much for taking the time to find that for me.
I've been so distracted I completely overlooked that they hadn't sent me any instructions!!.
At least it's not too late.
Very helpful. Thank you.
X

Clarekins

« Reply #163 on: April 07, 2019, 06:47:31 AM »

Hi tc,

I had to take bowel prep before my hysterectomy and discovered a little tip online. To put sudocream around your anus after each bowel movement :o
To prevent any soreness, it worked well for me! ;D

Blot

« Reply #164 on: April 07, 2019, 07:34:37 AM »

Hi Tc. Regarding the colonoscopy, have you been issued with the prep to take before the procedure? I know a few family members who have had this done and they also had to follow a special diet for a couple of days beforehand as well. Our local hospital has everyone in for a preassessment with a nurse before they have it done to go through everything as well so I would give the hospital a ring first thing tomorrow to find out. Mind you different hospitals have their own ways of working but it's best just to check.

Countrygirl, it's a flexible sigmoidoscopy where they do the enema only,  not the full colonoscopy. You definitely need to take prep for a colonoscopy.

Good luck with it Tc.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12