Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Weak and wobbly, esp. legs. Caused by anxiety ? Tried ADs.  (Read 4852 times)

Hurdity

Re: Weak and wobbly, esp. legs. Caused by anxiety ? Tried ADs.
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2019, 08:57:18 PM »

Hi pants46 - sorry to hear you're feeling like this.

Just a question about your blood tests. You say your thyroid is OK but do you have the actual readings for TSH and T4 and the lab ranges? It's just if you are feeling cold and fatigued this can be a sign of thyroid function not working quite so well - putting on weight without trying is also another symptoms. I gather when it starts to mix up with menopause some of the symptoms can be experienced as cold flushes although I really don't know anything about all of this? Maybe someone else can shed some light re potential thyroid as well as menopause?

Hurdity x

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2019, 09:32:12 PM »

Hurdity.
They just did one test for thyroid function. Serum TSH. My result was 1.05. The range should be 0.4 to 4.0. So I'm in the range, but at the lower end.
Do you think I should get a full set of tests for thyroid done ? Not sure my GP will do it, will have to find alternative means.
Best, Pants.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2019, 03:27:34 PM »

Many GPs don't read thyroid function results particularly well, therefore if he/she is reluctant to do further tests, ask for an appt. to the appropriate Consultant at your Hospital - sorry wouldn't know which speciality  :-\

AG

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2019, 06:53:42 PM »

Hi,

As far as I know a lower value for this particular test is better than a higher one (too high usually points to under-active thyroid). I am no GP but that value looks good. I had something like 3 measured for this one. I guess with hormone fluctuations this can also fluctuate. AG

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2019, 07:19:04 PM »

Ah ha. Thanks AG, I didn't realise that I wanted to be at that end of the range. Thats good news.

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2019, 05:00:18 PM »

So I'm day 6 of citalopram, taking half a 10mg tablet. Feel like my anxiety is improving. Should move up to a full tablet soon.
But I'm still weak and wobbly, particularly through my legs (the muscles at the front). I seem to have maybe a couple of good hours and then a couple of rubbish ones, on repeat.
My darling friend said last night, that it couldn't be just my hormones, which wasn't helpful with my HA. She means well, but telling me to get out of the house and go for a walk, isnt really that helpful.
I've just started taking vit c and b complex, and I know the Dr said not to take supplements with phytoestrogens ... but I've stocked up on soya milk and yoghurts, in the hope of a miracle !!
Just need some support that I'm doing the right thing, really.

Joaniepat

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2019, 05:38:51 PM »

Have you had you vitamin D level checked? Might be worthwhile if not.

JP x

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2019, 06:04:52 PM »

Joaniepat, yes that was checked. Along with iron, blood sugar and thyroid. All normal.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2019, 07:49:27 PM »

If you are successfully cutting the AD in half, maybe take half in the morninging and half over-night?  See how you feel?  I have in the past taken half in the morning, half at night and missed the half in the morning: half at night and then see how I feel ......... then onto the 'proper' dose of full amount at night. 

How is your diet today?  Pancakes are a good standby, can be mixed and kept in the fridge for a couple of days; they cook fast and are almost instant gratification  ;)

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2019, 08:34:31 PM »

CLKD, good idea to cut the tabs in half, and take morning and night. I think I was planning to do that, but then in my tired fog, forgot !!
Pancakes are a good idea. I think wheat triggers my IBS, but the Co-op has wheat free ready made ones, that I can keep in the fridge.
My diet now is far better than it was before the surgery. But I am still struggling to eat regularly. Never was one for breakfast, and would often skip lunch ... survived on sugary coffee, then would eat a large meal in the evening, followed by chocolate.
Thought things would have to change eventually ... but not so soon and so quickly  :o
Pages: 1 [2]