Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Spanish gynae v English gynae  (Read 4132 times)

Daisydot

Re: Spanish gynae v English gynae
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2018, 09:10:58 PM »

Thank you MaryG xx

Hurdity

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2018, 05:23:08 PM »

paisley - do keep us updated :)

I had a consultation with the pharmacist today and picked up my Lenzetto this evening.  He offered me a free bone scan so that was an added bonus!

I am going to finish my current tube of Oestrogel and then start the Lenzetto.  It comes in a very compact container so very easy to carry around and no need to rub it in either so it seems very user friendly. 

paisley, thanks so much for the information on this interesting new product, let's hope it works!  Have you started it yet?

Mary G I thought you were on Duavive?!! You were singing its praises a while back (the SERM component anyway) and I thought you were trying it out? Have you changed back to Oestrogel and utrogestan now?

Hurdity x

paisley

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2018, 09:01:10 PM »

Sorry just read your comments. I got the Lenzetto last Friday from the pharmacy in Spain but I haven't started it yet. I just wanted to give myself a little more time without any HRT first as I gave it up last May. If I have another meltdown like last week I will definitely start it. MaryG please let me know how you get on with it. Glad I could offer some new info on a new product. Are you having problems with your gel?

Katia

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2018, 02:09:10 PM »

That gel sounds interesting.  You're lucky in Spain that the pharmacists can assist and prescribe hrt.  You're also lucky to have access to more products and the newer products. 

Mary G weren't you taking the baze instead of progesterone?  How are you getting on with it?  I wondered about it, but I don't do well on estrogen alone.

Mary G

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2018, 07:01:41 PM »

paisley, I wasn't having problems with Oestrogel, I think it's a fantastic product but I always like to keep an open mind and try new products when they come onto the market.  I spoke to the pharmacist at length about Lenzetto and he thinks it is a good product with a better delivery system than conventional gel.  Like Oestrogel it is very dose flexible but it is easier to use because you don't have to rub it in and it dries in seconds.  It is also slightly stronger so the maximum dose is 3 pumps of gel each although I am splitting my dose by 1 pump every 12 hours as I was before.

Re my Oestrogel/Bazedoxifene trial, it was a case of it worked I didn't!  I didn't have any unpleasant side effects from the baze and it did stop the womb lining build up - no breakthrough bleeding at all - but I'm afraid it did surpress my oestrogen levels which, in theory, it should not have and I found I was getting a slight return of my sweating symptoms - blood tests confirmed reduced oestrogen levels.  I was going to try Duavive proper but decided not to because it would mean an even lower dose of oestrogen and I don't think it would have worked for me because I need high levels.  That said, I would not want to put anyone else off trying this regime because I think it could work well for a lot of women because not everyone needs high levels of oestrogen like me.   

I went back to Oestrogel only once I stopped using the baze and it was a long time before I had breakthrough bleeding so after speaking to my gynaecologist, I did a round of Utrogestan, had a scan and all was OK so nothing lost in trying it out.

Daisydot

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2018, 08:29:33 PM »

Your a very smart lady MaryG and kudos to you for knowing your stuff and being willing to experiment and share your experiences,well done and I hope this new spray does the trick for you,I will try some when I next get to Spain I feel I'm doing well enough on the Oestrogel to be able to try the spray.good luck xx

Mary G

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2018, 08:41:16 PM »

Thanks Daisydot, hopefully paisley will start a new thread on this product, it's her baby of course!

You should be able to get hold of Lenzetto when you are next in Spain not to mention the other items you mentioned on your thread.

Daisydot

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2018, 08:51:09 PM »

Yes that's being taking care of as we speak,I'm in no rush for the lenzetto as I'm ok on the Oestrogel but I would like to try it and I've arranged supplies of the estriol cream it's being sent from Spain for me as I've none left and I can certainly feel the difference with my undercarriage when I'm not using it even though I'm using the vagifem pessaries and another lubricant I still feel the estrogel benefits me more.its a slightly stronger one but I'll be careful with it it's just for exterior..
I don't mind who writes what on my threads if it's helping and sharing information for the other ladies and I'm pretty sure paisley will feel the same.xx

paisley

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2018, 08:21:30 AM »

Of course if I start the Lenzetto I will start a new thread but at the moment I am not feeling too bad. I take A.Vogels Menopause Support & been off HRT for nearly 10 months & so hoping that the longer I am off HRT the less effects I will get from coming off it but as we all know with hormones that can change any minute & if I start feeling really bad  I will try the Lenzetto

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2019, 03:28:02 PM »

In the mean time  :-\
Pages: 1 [2]