Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Update!  (Read 2457 times)

GypsyRoseLee

Update!
« on: March 24, 2019, 07:23:09 PM »

If you remember I recently posted that it felt like my HRT had stopped working. Felt ravenously hungry but also nauseous. Sore gums and croaky voice. Really nasty anxiety, horrible bleak mood, very agitated etc. Just nasty.

Then I made the connection that I'd recently started using a new rich shower cream with added oils and I was suspicious that it was leaving a residue on my skin and stopping me absorbing my Estrogel.

So, on Friday I thoroughly exfoliated my upper arms and shoulders (where I apply the gel) and showered with just plain soap. Did the same yesterday, but felt no better. This morning I shaved my upper arms thinking it might help to remove blocked skin and scrubbed them with Fairy Liquid.

Well, hallelujah, within an hour of applying Estrogel I felt my mood shift and the anxiety disappeared. Within 2 hours I felt back to normal.

So, a lesson learned and hopefully this might help other users of Estrogel to be wary of their shower creams and any lotions.

But, it also brings it home to me HOW MUCH my body NEEDS a high dose of oestrogen. And it breaks my heart that so many women are suffering needlessly and horrifically through the peri menopause because they are being denied HRT by ignorant GPs. It is exactly like denying insulin to a diabetic, or denying painkillers to someone in great pain.

It's such a crime  >:(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Update!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 08:06:03 PM »

:bighug:   :thankyou:   4 the update

Thank goodness you've found causation and can now monitor your oestrogen requirements. 

Maybe you need to write it down, like 'our' Me and My Menopausal Vagina lady did  ;)

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 09:52:48 PM »

I posted in your other thread hoping you'd crack this, AND YOU HAVE !
I'm soooo chuffed for you x

pepperminty

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 06:34:24 AM »

Great news GRL,

Fairy liquid will get rid of anything!

PMX

Emerald2017

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2019, 10:23:27 AM »

I absolutely agree with you Gypsy! I cannot imagine my life without my hrt, I would stop my career for sure and I was in a such dark place 2 years ago when my meno nightmare started. Nice you feel good again! 💐

racjen

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2019, 12:01:44 PM »

Wow, that IS amazing. Do you know how high your estrogen level generally is? I don't think not absorbing properly is my problem, but I'm definitely going to stop using anything in the bath for a while just to see if it makes any difference, as I still have major problems with anxiety. Really glad you cracked the problem! x

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2019, 01:06:09 PM »

I don't know what my oestrogen levels are I'm afraid. But definitely try bathing in just plain water and just use a very plain, non moisturising shower gel or soap. Rinse thoroughly and never use any type of body lotion on the areas where you apply the gel.

Looking back, I've had issues with poor absorption due to moisturising shower gels before! I checked back in my diary and a few years ago I went on holiday so switched to a super moisturising shower cream to help maintain my tan. Within a few days of being on holiday I felt dreadful again. I now think the shower cream was to blame!

Jaylow

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2019, 10:24:20 PM »

Hmm, I use fake tan. I wonder if this stops absorption. The kind that you leave on for 6 hours then wash off

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2019, 11:05:23 PM »

Quite possibly, Jaylou? I've had some feedback from Besins UK and they advise against using anything that could potentially alter the structure of your skin in the area where you apply the gel.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2019, 11:06:11 PM »

Do you feel you aren't absorbing Stellajane?

Jaylow

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2019, 12:17:47 AM »

White thighs it is then   ;D

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2019, 09:44:38 AM »

I'm afraid so :)