Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Best patches for dryness?  (Read 1172 times)

Nairn

Best patches for dryness?
« on: February 26, 2019, 09:58:27 AM »

Hi,
I would be very appreciaitve of any thoughts on the best patches for dryness as due to a heart problem I have to come off femonston 2/10 tablets and move onto patches.  I've tried them before, combined with vagifem, but got really terrible vaginal dryness inside (all the way up) and outside due to the reduced oestrogen and the progesterone i - any recommendations very much appreciated. 

thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Best patches for dryness?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 10:13:22 AM »

How long did you use the Vagifem which needs to be inserted every night for 2 weeks initially.  It is specifically designed to ease vaginal problems. Some ladies also use 'sylc' or 'Yes' products.  Do have a browse, make notes  ;)

Nairn

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 10:43:11 AM »

hi, thanks - yes I currently use Vagifem.  did the 2 week thing and then I apply 3/4 times a week as directed by GP - but still the patches mad me dry, espeically during intimate relations

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 10:58:18 AM »

I have needed 2 use KY Jelly for years for intimacy so maybe have a look-see and use something prior?  HRT doesn't solve all the problems down there and I've needed a little help, sometimes more than a little  ::)

Joaniepat

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2019, 12:46:28 PM »

Hi,
I would be very appreciaitve of any thoughts on the best patches for dryness as due to a heart problem I have to come off femonston 2/10 tablets and move onto patches.  I've tried them before, combined with vagifem, but got really terrible vaginal dryness inside (all the way up) and outside due to the reduced oestrogen and the progesterone i - any recommendations very much appreciated. 

thanks

You need a vaginal moisturiser. Probably the best one for you would be Yes VM, which you can insert every 2 or 3 days using the single dose applicators, or you can buy a tube of it and use one of the syringe-style applicators sold by Stressnomore (online). Have a look at the Yes website, they do several products. Also, avoid otc products like Replens, Vagisil or anything else which contains a whole load of chemicals, as these can irritate. KY Jelly may not be ideal, although CLKD gets on fine with it (sorry CLKD  ;))!

JP x

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 04:11:49 PM »

Still used in our surgery so not a lot wrong with it Joanie .........  it annoys me when Jenny Eclair sprouts on TV about vaginal dryness.  Not for mixed company! 

Tinkerbell

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2019, 04:18:01 PM »

CLKD... or when you teen son is watching TV with you🙈

Nairn

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2019, 04:22:22 PM »

Thanks for all the tips, I am using boh v/fem and the moisturisers.  However I expect that some patches (like the pills) also work better or have an higher oestrogen content, which means that the reliance is less on the 'add ons'.  For info, after a lot of trial and error, I have found using good glide from victoria health is by far the best for that type of requirement! 

Tinkerbell

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2019, 04:26:20 PM »

I didn't get on with patches, but Estrogel plus daily Vagifem has got my VA under control.

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2019, 04:27:52 PM »

Or Tinkerbell with male visitors that we don't know particularly well  :-\

She says it like it's the thing that will solve dryness which also annoys me  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2019, 07:02:52 PM »

Sorry - you've confused me Hasty  ;D

I tried durex products but they irritated me I had to leap into a cool bath  ::)