Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Would patches be better  (Read 940 times)

Sgtvhilts

Would patches be better
« on: February 05, 2019, 07:48:00 PM »

Hi all
Started oral sequi HRT last April, plodded on for a bit, then gallbladder trouble started ( was brewing anyway), now my cholesterol has creeped up again ( long personal and family history- nothing new), so back on statins.
I just feel my oral hrt has stopped working, same symptoms creeping back.
The meno clinic spoke to my GP as they were a bit ‘cross' that I had been given oral - even though I did tell them it was my choice..
Anyway, is it possible because of all the other gut issues that are going on that it has just stopped being absorbed. Has this happened to anyone else?
I am seeing my Gp again on Monday and will probably go for the patches I was thinking femseven sequi- seems the simplest one- I would struggle with pills, and more frequent patches changes
All thoughts appreciated.

Hurdity

Re: Would patches be better
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 08:05:41 PM »

Yes patches are recommended if you have digestive issues - as you say sometimes the oestrogen is not absorbed so well. Unfortunately Femseven sequi/conti are no longer available so the only combi patch is Evorel sequi/conti, otherwise you will need to use separate patch or gel + progestogen. The products are all listed here: https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/treatment.php (different tabs for peri, post etc).

All the best with your GP appointment and let us know how you get on.

Hurdity x

Sgtvhilts

Re: Would patches be better
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 09:25:39 PM »

Great- typical
Will probably plump for separate patches and prog pills then. Norethisterone makes me sick
What is Progynova TS and utrogestan combo like?