Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Menopause or just getting older?  (Read 2952 times)

Tc

Re: Menopause or just getting older?
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2019, 11:59:49 AM »

Haha. Annie raises an interesting question though.my mum went thru surgical meno at 43. She had always played squash, tennis . She said she thought it took her about a year to feel right after the op but she realy didn't have any of the probs I have nothing changed in her life and. Symptom wise.she didn't feel she needed HRt.
I might add she went on to have  bladder repair and years later thyroid issues. Also she has osteoporosis but then every single woman in my family seems to have that.
Maybe being already fit lessons the symptoms at the time but some of the long term effects like ostio and thyroid ladies might put Down to their advancing years or just think are incidental so in their mind they haven't had any symptoms.

In the same vein I wonder if those of us who had MH issues during their lifetime before meno are more likely to suffer from the MH side effects during or after.

Hmmm. You got me thinking Annie.

Annie0710

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2019, 01:49:45 PM »

Being in surgical meno you really should be trialled with testosterone (once your E levels are good), they should test your levels, because I have no ovaries and no womb they've readily tested mine at my worst. 

I think being relatively inactive pre meno didn't do me any favours , at all x

Tc

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2019, 08:12:41 PM »

Annie  thanks. I just  said on another thread that I keep mentioning bout being in surgical meno but . It doesn't mean I think I ha e worse problems or trying to set myself apart but it is Different.
My gynae said sort the E first as you have said. Guess I'm impatient cos I know I'm gonna need T and she has said that I will need T  but wants to sort the E first.
Thank you. I have had so much help and encouragement and learned so much from all the ladies on here but it is also great for me to talk to ladies like myself in surgical meno.
Wish you well   xxx

Annie0710

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2019, 10:01:26 AM »

I'm not surgical meno as such.  My hysterectomy was at 32 and they accidentally severed blood supply to the ovaries so been on oestrogen since then.  Ovaries kind if chugged away as and when they felt like it but I came crashing down so suddenly at 45.  They couldn't find my ovaries and said without blood supply they'd shrivel and disintegrate so I'm very much in the middle on here, not a natural menopause and not a surgical one, sort of induced by surgery but I do think when it's sudden and no ovaries there's no easing in to meno x
Pages: 1 [2]