Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Sandrena gel  (Read 1101 times)

Dyan

Sandrena gel
« on: January 13, 2019, 03:31:32 PM »

I have been using HRT Sandrena gel 3 ml each morning for at least 8 years now, might even be longer than that. I also have the mirena.
I have felt great using it until now.
I went for a medication review at my doctors in June and he adviced me to start cuttting down on the Sandrena.
I am 57 and he wants me off HRT by the time I am 60 as, apparently,I will fall in the higher catagory for breast cancer.
I didn't start straight away but left it a few weeks and then cut back from 3mg to 2mg at the end of July.
I have had a rough time of late with my OCD, anxiety and depression and have been taking clonazapam for the anxiety. I feel better now so am slowly reducing the clonazapam on the recommendation of my psychiatrist.
The only thing is I have no sense of well being and can not get excited about anything. I feel like I have no get up and go.
I wondered if it could be the reducing of clonazapam or the reducing of the sandrena.
I watched the programme on “The truth about the menopause” the other night.
After hearing the gynaecologist say to mirella Frostup or whatever her name is( can't quite remember) that she would stay on HRT until she died, if I'm doing the right thing.
What I thought maybe I'd do,is wait to finish my clonazapam in about 10 days and then go back up to 3mg Sandrena and see if that helps.
Any advice would be much appreciated. Should I go up now or wait just to see if it is the reducing of the clonazapam is making me feel like I do?
I am not getting flushes or night sweats but I do feel very hot in bed.
I just feel very flat at the moment.

Sorry for long post. ::) X

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Sandrena gel
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 04:16:21 PM »

Hi Dyan
I'm sorry you're having a bad time at the moment.
It's probably because you're reducing both of them.
If I were you, because your GP wants you off Hrt by the time your 60, then I'd just reduce
the clonazapam first, as you've still got 3 years or so left.
And who knows by then your Gp might have gone, or you can get to see another Gp who is more up to date than the one you see now. Cross that bridge when you come to it.
Or do it the other way round, but I'd only reduce one at a time, as it's probably too much all at once for your body to take. That way, in my way of thinking is , you'll know which one is causing the trouble.
I'm in the same boat, my Gp wants me off mine in 2 years, I'll only be 56 then, but like I say, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.
You're right about Mariella Frostrup, her Gynae did say she'd stay on it till she died, but sadly, GPS don't understand that, and we have a right battle trying to get them to carry on prescribing.
Hopefully someone else will be on to give it there spin, who probably knows more than me,
Good luck, and hope you start to feel better soon.
Xxx

Dyan

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 12:56:18 PM »

Thank you for your reply jillydoll.
You're the only one.......so far :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 02:47:17 PM »

Your GPs are very behind  >:(.  No one needs to stop HRT regardless of age.  Not even a matter of 'seeing where you are' with regards symptoms, if what you have been prescribed works, then keep on with.  If this were a diabetic or someone with heart disease, it wouldn't be considered a necessity.  There's no magic age for menopause, therefore why mend if it ain't broke?!?

My GP mutters at my annual review 'what if you had to stop X, Y, Z' but in reality, he's ticking Government boxes.  Collecting information for statistics  >:(

If one tries to start medication or cut out too much at once, can you tell what is working/not?   Wouldn't it be best to cut down one and see how you feel over-all?  Then reduce the dose, if necessary, of the other product.  What thinking is behind GPs who want to stop HRT? cost cutting?  :-\

>wave Dyan<

Roadrunner

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 05:56:34 PM »

Hello I'm a fellow Sandrena user!

I agree with everything that jillydoll and CLKD have said about reducing only one thing at a time, so you know what's happening.

Also re "increased risk after 60", the link below gives you the information and it annoys me that your GP is being so paternalistic. The risk is your risk to take, not your GPs, and you can weigh it up against other risks and benefits and make a decision. As a grown up.  ;)

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/risks.php

RRxx

Dyan

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 12:23:54 AM »

Thank you CLKD >wave< I believe you could be right on the cost cutting.

Thank you roadrunner - how much Sandrena are you on? If you don't mind me asking?