Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Feeling unwell on everol conti  (Read 9855 times)

Karen max

Re: Feeling unwell on everol conti
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2019, 12:34:01 PM »

Me again folks
Can any of you tell me if there is any other hrt patchs apart from Femseven  (as they can't be got ) I'm on everol conti which are definitely not helping me , doc has told me there is 3 patches I can use (I'm post menopause 4 yrs but still have womb and ovaries) I can use 2 of which seems to have manufactures issues can't be got , the only one I ca get hold of is everol conti but causing me to feel sick and headaches , I took patch of last week but last night was worse night for high anxiety hot flushes do I've put patch back on this morning ..

If anyone rose is in same situation as myself and is using a patch can you let me know name please .

My doc is clueless regarding hrt and waiting list for menopause clinic is now 26 months
I can't use hrt pills as they give me to many side effects so it's patches only as doc refuses to give me anything else

Thanks Kaz x

Ladybt28

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2019, 02:22:41 PM »

Yep he's useless Karen max - refuses to give you anything else?  I despair!  He has a prescribing book and he can look up what he can give you - what a numpty!  I don't have patches but I couldn't use everol so I cant help with an alternative and yes there is a supply issue with other patches.  He says there are 3 kinds - I'm sure there are more, maybe someone can come along and say what is "readily" available and not having problems with supply.

Karen max

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2019, 03:07:07 PM »

Ladybt
I thought for sure there was more than 3 but he said no he did say the Femseven was good results but we can't get hold of it
I'm hoping someone comes along with bit more knowledge than myself as I'm so confused over whole lot of it
I put a patch on at 12 o'clock and the sickness has returned crazy how fast the thing starts to work so guess il be taking it if and binning them full stop !!
I take it your in Belfast also ?

Kaz x

Ladybt28

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2019, 03:19:33 PM »

yep I'm in Lisburn and under the meno clinic at the Mater here and I got an appointment really quick last year.  I can tell you all about it of you pm me. There is only one meno consultant here who you see whether you go private or through the clinic and I was all prepared to pay to see her but didn't have to.

Ladybt28

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2019, 03:28:20 PM »

Does seem to be that if you look up a list of conti hrt patches and then check availability they all seem to be being discontinued or having supply problems.  I wonder if it is because prescribers are moving towards prescribing gel which is flexible in dosage as a transdermal method and adding whatever progesterone suits because it is a more flexible method than a specific dose patch if you know what I mean?  There is an oestrogen patch only called Estradot which is what I think Hurdity is on if my memory serves.

Rosie63

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2019, 04:22:32 PM »

Hi ladies.  I'm on Estradot patches with a separate progesterone, Utrogestan.  This regime seems to be working quite well for me after trying several different pill preparations.  I don't get any nausea and the stomach issues I was experiencing are a lot better.  No spots either so all in all seems a much kinder regime.

I hope you find something that suits you better soon.

Rosie63xx

Karen max

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2019, 05:11:01 PM »

I'm going to have to either change my doc as I'm getting nowhere with him ,
I've bade bew appointment to see a new GP at our practice it's 1st Feb so I will see what he says until then I'm not using the everol conti patch

Ladybt I will mail soon as soon as I get home ..

I'm Belfast too

Kaz x

Rosebush

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2019, 10:43:13 AM »

Karen I have been on Evorel Conti now for 2weeks, used them years ago but got headaches and nausea, so far no nausea, just a couple of headaches, how ever I am getting more night flushes, so less sleep, I only know of 2 conti patches Femseven which we cannot get and Everol..

I wish they made progesterone patches as well so we could swap around until we found the magic 2!!

Hope you get more help from new Gp, such a shame you have to wait another 2 weeks.. :hug:

CrazyHorses

• First Flush
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2019, 07:31:52 PM »

Hi Karen Max
I am in N Ireland too and was recently referred to the clinic at the Mater by my GP. I only had to wait 6 weeks for an appointment so definitely worth pushing your GP to refer you there. Good luck!

CH x

Ladybt28

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2019, 08:21:49 PM »

hello CrazyHorses - now I know there are 3 of us here - if we need to gang up on any health professionals there could be safety in numbers!  Despite how I have moaned about GP's and consultants in general, I have to say the guys at the Mater have been really good!  Hope you got on there ok?

CrazyHorses

• First Flush
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2019, 10:42:12 PM »

Hi Ladybt28!

I haven't actually been yet - appointment is on Monday. Good to know that you got on well there.
My fingers are crossed...😊

Karen max

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2019, 01:33:17 AM »

Thanks ladies
I'm going phone GP on Monday and ask if they can just refer me by looking at my med records as its silly waiting to see GP on 1st Feb as he's looking look at me blanked faced as the other GP do , he's a young guy o guess he won't have clue either !!

Rosebush that's the way theyr making me feel , headaches, night sweats and feeling sick 24/7

Ladybt i think the GP needs to be aware of what patches are available and what's not instead of hand out prescription then you find out by chemist it's not being made no more .

I don't know if what found online is right but it seems they are removing all hrt patches and staying giving the gel hrt instead but we shall wait and see if that happens !!

Swapping and changing can't be good for us , GP give me Femseven patches few months back only to be told no stop using them as theyr being removed ..

If doc don't know what's going on with the patches maybe they need updated!!

Ok my rant is over lol

Kaz x

Karen max

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2019, 12:47:11 PM »

Ok so it's looks like I need to stick everol patch on until I get to see GP and just put up with the awful side effects at least I wasn't shaking in my whole body like I am now plus mouth is burning
So definitely need  get back onto hrt patch

How long does this bloody last ???
10 yrs now and I'm feeling really fed up living like this surly 4 yrs post menopause thing should start to improve??? 😭😪😢

Ladybt28

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2019, 01:53:16 PM »

so Karen - it's hard to say how long because we are all different but there are ladies in their 60's on the forum who cannot give up their hrt without horrendous side effects coming back.  Looking at my own issues I am 12 years in and possibly 2 years post meno but it is hard to tell when you start taking the hrt early.  I started at 45 I think but it was PrepakC now discontinued and although it stopped the flushes it wasn't strong enough to deal with the anxiety, panic attacks, insomnia, crushing depression etc.  It gave me heatburn and nausea because they were pills you had to take and I had all the issues that come with taking stuff orally if it doesn't agree with you and I took that for 9 years because I knew no better about what I needed do I just thought I had to live with it.  Since I have been on the "right regime" well it is right for me my list of "issues" is right down from about 15 to 4.

I am 57 and I am going to take hrt for as long as I can. In fact I will do anything to carry on until I am in my 80's as the quality of my life has been so bad for so long and would be so bad without it, it just would not be worth living and now I am on the right stuff it is worth living! I NEVER want to be in a position of feeling like I have done (if you read my history untreated hormonal problems go way back to when I was a teenager). I know it sounds dramatic but I also know now there are a section of women out there for whom that is how it is!  It took me 2.5 years after prempak to get my "right" hrt and 3 months for it to settle and another 3 for me to be able to say "my life is now worth living"  There is NO WAY those words would ever have been written 6 months ago and I have struggled all my life, I wouldnt give up now.  I knew if I wanted to stay alive I had to persist in finding the right regime for me.
For some of us it can be a very very long haul...not what you want to hear...but let me tell you for me the end results are worth it!

Karen max

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2019, 03:05:34 PM »

Ladybt
Thank you so much for your lovely reply , I've only used hrt from I was 49 yrs old , I struggling through pri meno by using menpace supplement
Once my periods stopped 4 yrs ago aged 48 yrs I thought ok I get first yr over then I should be feeling more NORMAL , doc has give me a few hrt pills side effects were awful so he changed me to everol contithey did help me first 5 months then the hot flushes came back along with the rest of the crap
Went back to docs he changed to Femseven patch I could not get it as no chemist in Belfast had it , back to doc again he give me a different patch same thing could not get that one either so back again only to be told only patch left is everol conti so I took it again but I know it font suit me

The anxiety that is rushing through my body is unreal my body is shaking as if disco is going on inside me ..
so think I will just have to stick a patch on and wait to 1st Feb until I see another clueless doc

Kaz x
Pages: 1 [2] 3