Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Feel like I'm losing the plot!!  (Read 5757 times)

Charlie62

Re: Feel like I'm losing the plot!!
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2019, 10:56:57 PM »

Hi Angel1964,
I am sorry to hear you unwell. I also have some of the symptoms you described but i have also been suffering with a terrible cough and cold. The pain in my stomach, like you said, feels like heart palpitations. I think it could be due to coughing too much and straining the muscle. Sometimes it feels like someone has punched me and I feel as if i have been winded. I have also tried to eat less wheat/gluten to help with the bloating and digestive problems (this may also help with congestion). I don't know if this is something you could try. I have also started a mood diary as i suffer from health anxiety and imagine all sorts when feeling unwell. I can look back and read it and if i have had the symptoms before I can then rationalise my fears and know I am going to be ok. I have picked up loads of advice from this forum and i hope it helps you too.

Hope you feel better soon. :)

Angel1964

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2019, 09:37:36 PM »

Update ladies to some of my symptoms

Had my endoscopy and sigmoidoscopy today.  I've got gastritis, h-pylori,  hiatus hernia, polyps, duodenitis, got to wait for results of urease test?  whatever that is, and prolapsing piles. Now they want to do a colonoscopy to eradicate all and anymore polyps.  So at least nothing sinister :)

Angel1964

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2019, 09:00:59 AM »

Thank goodness you have some answers! Do you yet know what sort of treatment you need? No wonder you felt terrible! X

Hi Birdy. I'm so relieved to have answers as thought I was losing the plot. Not yet got docs tomorrow to discuss it all. Yes no wonder :) been like it since December! Onwards and upwards now thank god xx

Kathleen

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2019, 11:24:29 AM »

Hello Angel1964.

Thank you for the update and I'm so pleased that you have answers to your problems. You are fortunate to have a doctor who takes the time to be thorough.

May I ask how h-pylori was diagnosed? My GP mentioned the test to me a while ago but nothing was ever done.

Hopefully your appointment tomorrow will go well and do let us know how you get on.

Wishing you well.

K.

Angel1964

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2019, 12:30:15 PM »

Hello Angel1964.

Thank you for the update and I'm so pleased that you have answers to your problems. You are fortunate to have a doctor who takes the time to be thorough.

May I ask how h-pylori was diagnosed? My GP mentioned the test to me a while ago but nothing was ever done.

Hopefully your appointment tomorrow will go well and do let us know how you get on.

Wishing you well.

K.

Hi Kathleen I actually done a stool test and nothing showed. But yesterday having the tests they put on report CLO test positive so I googled it. But they also put Urease test awaiting result so I'm now confused. Seeing doctor tomorrow xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2019, 12:58:49 PM »

Thanks for the update!

Kathleen

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2019, 01:52:17 PM »

Hello again Angel1964.

Thank you so much for your response. I'm not sure but I think the Urease test is a breath test but I could be wrong.

Thanks for the update and let us know how you get on with your appointment tomorrow.

Wishing you well.

K.

Pages: 1 [2]