Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Happy New Year, ladies!  (Read 7337 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Happy New Year, ladies!
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2019, 05:44:20 PM »

Simply madness  ;D ....... I never 'got' their music  ::) but if I have to choose, it will be baggy trousers!

Two hoots

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2019, 06:15:32 PM »

Happy new year  :)

Watched the entire second series of Unforgotten on Netflix with an interval for the fireworks belonging to the neighbours and some on tv. In the past the fireworks have gone on and on but last night everyone here behaved and they finished by 1.00 am

Hurdity

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2019, 06:24:27 PM »

I'm not a lady - but Happy New Year to you too and all of you - great fireworks - how do you do that Connolly? Also do you live somewhere else in the world ie further East where you celebrated earlier (ref CLKD's comment!)?!

I always stay up (it's not much later than usual bedtime and typical anyway for over Christmas when they're all here!) and we have a glass of fizz if we're home as well as the odd rocket or two  :party09:

Earlier we watched the first two episodes of the new Black Lake - but daft though and somewhat formulaic - but do like a Scandi drama as entertaining escapism! Then Jools Holland but turn over to see live countdown as Jools is pretend new year!

Hurdity :) x

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2019, 10:24:47 PM »

HAPPY NEW YEAR LADIES.  💥🎆🎇

Hope 2019 is a better one for all of us....... :party09:

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2019, 11:18:09 PM »

I will always be a lady  ;) .......... drummed into me by my paternal Gran  ::)

Conolly

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2019, 10:58:13 PM »

Hello ladies,

I have received this verse from Calm app and have added the pic.

Ladybt28

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2019, 01:44:06 AM »

nice one Connolly...I might try and find that or even print it out an put it on the wall in front of my computer. Happy New Year to everyone - bit late I know and Happy Birthday to me for 2nd Jan, which was it's usual non-event as everyone goes back to work today and the handful of people I know have other things on their minds except my every best school friend who NEVER forgets to call me although I did get one card today from my brother...I wonder what he wants? ;)

Roseneath

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2019, 11:13:49 AM »

That is lovely Conolly. Thank You.

I have just found a 8 minute meditation called ' The Tree' on a free Calming / Anxiety App called 'Pacifica' which I found useful when I was in an anxiety loop. I am not pushing the app, just found the one meditation good.

Shadyglade

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2019, 11:18:30 AM »

I love trees, as you can tell from my name.

I think nature and mindfullness are both wonderful healing tools.  :)

Will check out the app Roseneath.

dangermouse

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2019, 01:09:39 PM »

Happy new year  :)

Watched the entire second series of Unforgotten on Netflix with an interval for the fireworks belonging to the neighbours and some on tv. In the past the fireworks have gone on and on but last night everyone here behaved and they finished by 1.00 am

Ok that is so strange as I had Unforgotten 2 on my TiVo (since July) and also watched it NYE between the fireworks?!!!

Conolly

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2019, 02:01:00 PM »

nice one Connolly...I might try and find that or even print it out an put it on the wall in front of my computer. Happy New Year to everyone - bit late I know and Happy Birthday to me for 2nd Jan, which was it's usual non-event as everyone goes back to work today and the handful of people I know have other things on their minds except my every best school friend who NEVER forgets to call me although I did get one card today from my brother...I wonder what he wants? ;)

Happy belated birthday!!!  :cake: You have spoiled your family's NY when you were born and now they're punishing you  ;D

I have set the pic as my desktop background, so no need to print and hang on the wall  ;)

Conolly X

Conolly

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2019, 02:02:54 PM »

That is lovely Conolly. Thank You.

I have just found a 8 minute meditation called ' The Tree' on a free Calming / Anxiety App called 'Pacifica' which I found useful when I was in an anxiety loop. I am not pushing the app, just found the one meditation good.

Thank you for the tip, Roseneath. I love these app things  :)

Conolly X

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2019, 02:03:02 PM »

Lovely sentiments.

Happy Birthday Ladybt  ;)

Ladybt28

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2019, 04:51:01 PM »

oooh  - great idea to have as a background - now I have to work out how to do it!!... I know I'll ask my company IT person (eg my husband who says his job "is to put the Sh into IT"!   ;D

I love your comment Connolly - I never thought about it like that  ::) - makes perfect sense!!

Conolly

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2019, 05:00:20 PM »

;D Your husband is funny  ;D

Just right click the pic with the mouse or trackpad and select 'Set as Desktop Image' or picture, or background, or wallpaper, depending on your operational system.

Conolly X
Pages: 1 [2] 3