Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Estradot not sticking  (Read 1113 times)

Flaky47

Estradot not sticking
« on: December 18, 2018, 07:36:03 PM »

I am currently trying estradot patches. I keep reading on here that they're really sticky but I'm having real problems with them.

When I put the first one on it curled and I had to throw it away.
I got the second one on by hairdryer heat on my skin and then hairdryer heat on the patch and then hairdryer heat on the two together.
Patch change tonight and I've just had to use the hairdryer trick again although suspect it willl fall off again by morning.

Any suggestions?

I used Evorel conti when I first went on HRT and very rarely had probllems with them sticking.

At this rate I'll use three months of estradot in a couple of weeks and have to resort  back to the stash of sandrena in my drawer!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Estradot not sticking
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 09:02:12 PM »

The skin has to be completely dry.  Have a look-see using the search box, there are various threads about not sticking here  ::)

Rosie63

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 09:40:01 PM »

Hi Fkaky47. I'm using Estradot patches and they stick ok when I first put them on but I've had some problems with them staying stuck after I've been swimming or if I've had a soak in the bath a couple of days on the trot.  Are you putting yours on your butt cheeks? The reason I ask is that's where I was sticking them but have changed to putting them on my lower abdomen and they seem to be sticking better, for some strange reason.

Rosie63x

helenmelon

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 09:13:55 AM »

Hi Flaky47,

I had sticking problems with Evorel, but fine with Estradot but I have also changed the place from bottom cheeks to lower tummy, it's weird but I seem to absorb it better on the tummy too.

Perhaps give it a try, I used to find it so frustrating when the Evorel used to curl up and drop off!!

Good luck x

Annie0710

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 09:59:28 AM »

Use a hairdryer on them after you've stuck them or warm your hands and area you'll stick it.  I wonder whether you have a bad batch for sticking as I used to think they were great for adhesion x

Flaky47

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 10:30:01 AM »

Thanks everyone

It sounds like the hairdryer is the way to go. I gave it another blast this morning after my shower and so far so good.

At the moment I'm using it on my hip, working on the principle that it's the firmest flesh in that area and might be the best option?

Maybe at the next change I'll try abdomen and see if that's better. Unfortunately since menopause that's not as firm as it used to be  ::)

Fingers crossed!