Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Heart flutters  (Read 4781 times)

Elle

Re: Heart flutters
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2018, 07:03:12 PM »

.....just reading through the posts again.......my palpitations/flutters are worse today and Ive been back on Kliovance for two days - cant be that in such a short space of time can it? I went back on it in the hope of illiminating them :-/

jaypo

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2018, 07:04:11 PM »

Hi Elle & welcome 👋 I'm not on hrt but do take supplements,I don't have a a lot of symptoms like some ladies on here,hot flushes and night sweats mostly but terrible anxiety like I've never experienced before,it comes and goes but I've been on magnesium and b12 and so far so good. I hate when drs just dismiss certain things for women,how dare they,if it works it works,maybe not for all but then we're all very different x

Loll99

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2018, 07:43:50 PM »

Hi Ladies
I ve been getting these, happening early morning and enough to wake me up
I m thinking its HRT but I had them years ago had tests etc.
I took the patch off and within 2 hours they stopped.
Really hope its not HRT as I was feeling ok on them only a month but sleep was greatly improved

Kathleen

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2018, 08:17:21 PM »

Hello again ladies.

Jari -  I am not sure about the HRT connection in my case as my palpitations/ jitters etc began before I started taking it. Infact they became worse about three years after my last period and were one of the reasons I wanted to try HRT in the first place. Having said that my palpitations are no where near as bad as they once were so perhaps they would have lessened anyway.

Hello Elle and welcome to the forum. Yep the jittery, anxious feelings have been my worst meno symptom by far. I was also relieved to learn that they can be a result of the menopause but that doesn't make them any easier to tolerate does it!  Your GPs comment is pretty unhelpful. Surely adequate nutrition is always important for our health and any deficiencies are bound to have an effect whether there is a test for them or not. I think I have tried magnesium in the past but I honestly can't remember the result although I know it is essential for the heart rhythm. The other thing is that magnesium can cause looser stools I believe which may be a good thing if you have constipation. Like you I can be an anxious person but these sensations are very different and can appear at random times so I also blame hormones. I've never liked coffee so I've no idea how jittery too many cups can make you but one of the reasons I've avoided it is because I don't want to feel more wired than I naturally am lol.

Wishing you well ladies.

K.

Angel1964

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2018, 05:41:59 AM »

Hi Kathleen, I'm sorry you're suffering with these jitters etc. I really had a terrible time with it but it was the hrt that was causing it. As soon as I stopped hrt, it all calmed down.

When did you start taking hrt?  My palpitations started around 6 weeks into taking hrt and got worse and worse until I stopped taking hrt.

X

Jari I am on 6th patch and my heart skips have started again since yesterday!!  Waking up silly hours again sweating. Get up, feel sick and then I'm cold. Had the skips all day yesterday. Hoping it isn't the same today.

Angel1964

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2018, 09:02:24 AM »

Thanks Jari.  I'm off work at the moment with bad stomach and lower abdomen pain.  Unsure whether that's a side effect of the continuous combined HRT I'm on or gastritis.  Getting fed up with it all now. O take Vit D 1000iu, use Magnesium Oil spray morning and night. Started Vit C 500mg.  I'm waking at 3,4 or 5am sweating, pains kick in, flutters start and that's me for the rest of day. I am trying Hrt again to see if sleep, anxiety etc improve

Angel1964

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2018, 10:16:17 AM »

Hi Jari I was told that I have gastritis, which seems common. I've still got the heart skips today and I'm getting really anxious now when i feel it. Stomach feels knotted too. I'm trying to relax on sofa but each skip frightens me. Fed up :(

NaturalMystic

« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2018, 07:33:52 PM »

Hi ladies, can I ask a question..I have never eaten meat and my family and friends think my horrendous menopause symptoms (palpitations, flushes, anxiety etc) are due to me being a vegetarian? I have argued my case but sometimes at the back of my mind I wonder...could it be?
It's so weird how sometimes it's flutters, sometimes actual palpitations and sometimes a racing heart?
Weird. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Absolute rubbish, menopause doesn't give a damn if you eat meat, or not babe

paisley

« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2018, 06:05:09 AM »

I too get these palpitations but I think mine are related to anxiety. I am also waking up early with these. I feel drained & so tired. My OH says just relax & go back to sleep. Easier said than done.

NaturalMystic

« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2018, 06:35:59 PM »

I too get these palpitations but I think mine are related to anxiety. I am also waking up early with these. I feel drained & so tired. My OH says just relax & go back to sleep. Easier said than done.
I am in no way suggesting it makes it easier for you but god how I wish I had a partner beside me when I'm having these early morning attacks
Pages: 1 2 [3]