Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Annoyed!  (Read 847 times)

Dancing Queen

Annoyed!
« on: December 12, 2018, 12:31:29 PM »

Humph
Started HRT patches in mid Sep and had a period after 6 weeks, then one after 2 weeks then one after exactly 4 weeks. Yes I thought that`s it I`m sorted now. Nope 2 and a half weeks later have another heavyish one and not even on the prog patch yet this month. Guess it can take 6 months to settle down or should I go to the Drs? They were irregular like this before I went on HRT so seems my (un)natural cycle is still dominating. The HRT has helped with the flushes and low mood so I know it`s working and I haven`t been given a duff batch!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Annoyed!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 01:09:02 PM »

Doubt it's a duff batch.   The body doesn't [usually] get where it is suddenly so it will take a while to 'accept' any alterations and uptake may take 3-4 months.  Anything that you can't deal with?

Dancing Queen

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 01:26:25 PM »

Thanks CLKD,  no it`s not a huge problem I was just excited that it was going to be predictable again after 4 or so years of being taken by surprise at inconvenient moments lol (eg in the middle of a dance lesson or on a plane etc) :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 02:14:19 PM »

I hated that u-certainty too, not about dates but how painful and heavy the bleed was going to be  :'( - month after month, after ......

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 07:31:46 PM »

How frustrating for you Dancing Queen - I can imagine this is very annoying. Sounds like your own cycle is still strong but at least the HRT is working for flushes and mood...hope it settles down within a very few months to become more predictable!

Hurdity x

Dancing Queen

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 08:10:47 PM »

Thanks Hurdity I'm sure it will..it's really no big deal compared to what a lot of you lovely ladies on here put up with x

NorthArm

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 08:17:53 PM »

I have that too - and I'm supposed to be post meno?? All scans and tests have come back clear except for possible anenomyosis, so I'm waiting to have a Mirena inserted in hopes that will sort things...

In the meantime I've gone up to stronger (100) patch and a longer 6week cycle - this is the first time in 3 months I've gone longer than about 14/15 days without a bleed. Just coming to the end of the Utrogestan phase now...2 more days. I've been taking it orally, but next month I'm going to try it vaginally instead xx