Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: MIND website  (Read 1114 times)

mabel64

MIND website
« on: December 04, 2018, 05:10:18 AM »

Ive just been looking at the MIND website and noticed there is no mention at all that I could see of depression during the perimenopause and menopause, found this disappointing....pms is there and postnatal depression.

Shadyglade

Re: MIND website
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 07:30:17 AM »

That's not good. It just shows how the meno is ignored as a health issue.

Perhaps we should all contact them and point out the error of their ways.

Shadyglade

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 07:37:26 AM »

I've just sent them a text. It will be interesting to see what they say.

Perinowpost

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 11:38:22 AM »

You raise a pertinent point mabel64. I've just read the following statistic: ‘the age group with the highest suicide rate for females in the UK is 50-54'. It cannot be coincidence that this is the average age for menopause transition. Some joined up thinking by all in order I feel x
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 11:40:12 AM by Perinowpost »

Shadyglade

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 04:02:18 PM »

Hi, I have had a reply:-

I am sorry you feel this way about the information provided.  However anxiety and depression are a general condition and the menopause is the accompaniment in this case.  Anxiety can stem from many other conditions.  If you require any other specific advice about the menopause and anxiety then you should visit you GP.

Sounds like a cop out to me. ::)

mabel64

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 04:47:45 PM »

Dont really understand the response....are they saying that the menopause doesnt cause anxiety /depression?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 05:52:09 PM »

Maybe that is a 'pat' response from the Company.  Maybe in January - they will be busy until then - send a short note of general menopause symptoms to bring their publicity area up to date.  Head them in the direction of MM explaining that we are all here, learning ;-).  The person who sent you the reply may have no knowledge of menopause, I imagine her ? 2 B about 8  :D.

I have to say that 2 years ago this week my local MIND were really supportive.  My friend ended his Life and I spirraled out of control, I sent an e-mail asking where and when opening hours were: I never needed to go but was surprised that the manager of our Walk-in Centre kept in touch for 3 months. 

Sharing the knowledge gained from here might be worth pursuing? 

Katejo

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2018, 06:03:18 PM »

Hi, I have had a reply:-

I am sorry you feel this way about the information provided.  However anxiety and depression are a general condition and the menopause is the accompaniment in this case.  Anxiety can stem from many other conditions.  If you require any other specific advice about the menopause and anxiety then you should visit you GP.

Sounds like a cop out to me. ::)
Agreed!  I haven't had this problem but would be pretty put out by this response.