Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Things I have diagnosed myself with this year!  (Read 95473 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Things I have diagnosed myself with this year!
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2019, 07:24:30 PM »

Until the next time - the Consultant told Mum a few years ago that "old people are either upright or on the floor" but I couldn't get out of him when 'old' kicks in  :D.  10 years ago I fell flat on my face and it took days for the bruising to come out: shoulders, down my neck, elbows - places that I hadn't realise I had hit! 

Ellen May

« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2019, 07:45:32 PM »

:o  Spa treatment required: when, where  :D

Spa sounds good - count me in!

I have had stomach pain intermittently for the last few days so constantly googling various cancers and poking my stomach to see what hurts. Probably that alone is making it worse....

Pharmacist thinks it is acid/heart burn  as I did have aspirin and ibuprofen on Friday during the day for a headache and pain started Friday evening.

Any ideas on how to manage gratefully received  ;D

BlueButterfly

« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2019, 07:48:02 PM »

Yes...when does OLD kick in...because I swear some days I'm there. I know people twice my age that seem to have less problems!

Just waiting for ultrasound on leg. They don't think it is anything more than soft tissue injury...from....walking I guess. But because of my genetic issue, ultrasound just in case and d-dimer test wasn't worth doing as those have been elevated in the past and would most likely be again anyways. Pretty much been told the nature of my life...I don't just get to get older with aches and pains....I get to worry about each ache and pain.."is this one a clot?" and add the disk degeneration going on in my upper back that gives me pinched nerves that can make it painful to breath sometimes and well....my life gets to be worry....is it normal or is it a clot? And I should have them checked out when it happens. Yipee..... :( :'(  I honestly feel more sadness/stress/worry over having to live like that and question everything that is going on with my body than the fear of actually having a clot right now. I guess it could be worse honestly. Many people live in situations like that with autoimmune conditions, chronic diseases.......

BlueButterfly

« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2019, 07:51:12 PM »

I have had stomach pain intermittently for the last few days so constantly googling various cancers and poking my stomach to see what hurts. Probably that alone is making it worse....

Pharmacist thinks it is acid/heart burn  as I did have aspirin and ibuprofen on Friday during the day for a headache and pain started Friday evening.

I have to take a probiotic regularly to keep me from having stomach issues. Trying to watch what gives you heartburn is helpful...and I've had some good luck with yoga for digestion to help alleviate some discomfort as well. Might be worth looking up some of that.

And yes, the poking will make it worse.  ;) Been there though..."is it my gallbladder...nope, doesn't hurt when I push there. What's here? Why does it hurt when I push here...." Dr google is the worst doctor as well.  ;) ;D

jaypo

« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2019, 07:53:52 PM »

Hi Ellen,you're not really supposed to take aspirin and ibuprofen together,that in itself could hurt your tummy

Ellen May

« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2019, 07:58:53 PM »

I took aspirin at 8 am and then ibuprofen at 2pm so there was a gap between them. Sorry I didn't explain it very well and thank you for checking with me.

I will have a look at probiotics and see if they help. I have only had it a few days but every new ache I get seems to play on my mind constantly. It was very mild over the weekend, I only noticed if I thought about it but flared up again at lunchtime today. Mind you I did Pilates this morning so that may have had an affect.

jaypo

« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2019, 08:08:37 PM »

Ok,just checking 😊

CLKD

« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2019, 08:21:44 PM »

Aspirin is known to cause gut problems  ::) so it may be internal soreness. 

jaypo

« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2019, 08:26:42 PM »

Clkd is right Ellen,is known to burn holes in lining,ibuprofen harsh too,that's why you've always to take it after eating,so be careful xx

CLKD

« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2019, 08:27:53 PM »

Last night reflux made me think it was an ulcer  :'(.  I chewed 1 Rennie yuk but it worked.

Ellen May

« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2019, 09:06:04 PM »

I certainly will be from now on! Do you know how long it will take to mend? My stomach feels really sore this evening  :(

jaypo

« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2019, 09:14:58 PM »

Don't worry too much Ellen,it's rare but aspirin and ibuprofen are great meds but harsh on the stomach,have you been checked for an ulcer?

BlueButterfly

« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2019, 09:34:04 PM »

I'd avoid anything that makes you need to bend down as far as pilates or yoga goes. Try to sleep with your pillow/upper body elevated a bit. And maybe try some antacids.

I get heartburn from ibuprofen gel caps...but not from the regular tablets...just the gels.  ???

Ellen May

« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2019, 09:42:07 PM »

I did Pilates this morning!

Haven't been checked for an ulcer before. Will probably go to gp in next few days if it doesn't clear up.

Feels like cramping now but bearable. Anyway, I am sorry to derail the thread as this was supposed to be a funny one, sorry ☹️

jaypo

« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2019, 10:05:44 PM »

Haha happens all the time,well you do think you've stomach cancer,I think there's a fair few of us have had that 😆
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12