Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Things I have diagnosed myself with this year!  (Read 95149 times)

Ellen May

Re: Things I have diagnosed myself with this year!
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2019, 04:59:23 AM »

Poor you these things are always scary and worse at night.

Have you measured the width of both legs? That's what they did to my neighbour when he had one and there was a marked difference between the two.

Probably though it has just stretched the area behind your knee from walking today and that makes it feel odd. Hope it feels better soon.

Jeepers

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2019, 07:48:53 AM »

Sorry to hear you have had a tough night Birdy
I had a similar panic on Friday when I had to go to London, and realised I'd been sitting down for 12 hours! Not through choice either.

How is your leg feeling now?  As Ellen says, it's very likely that it just happened when you were walking,and you've stretched a muscle in an unusual way?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2019, 11:14:19 AM »

OH! you and me both  :o.  By late evening both calves and knees ached, then both thighs  :-\ and by the time I was in bed at 11.30 I was convinced it was DVT.  But I take Statins  :-\ so surely not.

We are trying to walk more each day.  This morning it's my shins that are sore.  But I did sleep!

Jeepers

« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2019, 01:53:26 PM »

I did 12 miles on Saturday, to try to cancel out Friday... I swear I am going insane!  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2019, 01:54:45 PM »

How R U now?  My legs ache 'background' so I will take some Nurofen when I get into the bath.

BlueButterfly

« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2019, 01:57:02 PM »

Slept but still struggling right now. The leg itself isn't swollen at the moment. I can tell that there is swelling behind the knee though. It feels like something is there when I bend it. But when it is straight I can tell as well.  I'm hoping to get in today so that I'm not this mess forever. It's hard to see back there and get a good view. Just....I hate how I'm feeling right now....just scared.

If it was both legs, I'd be okay...but it's just the one. There's an ache doing nothing....pains when I walk, some pain going up into the thigh it down into the calf muscle at times as well.

CLKD

« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2019, 01:58:59 PM »

Could it be a cyst in the back of the knee cap which has 'popped' out.  I have one occasionally which is really really painful when it is aggravated.

BlueButterfly

« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2019, 03:09:50 PM »

Yes, it could be a cyst or some tendon issues....I hope it is, would be easier. I can feel the fullness at the back of my knee. Walking around tightens up my calf and gives me pain down to the back of my heel. I have an appointment later today and hopefully is nothing. And most likely is.....

Would be so nice if my body wasn't falling apart these days. And seriously, if it's going to hurt, why can it be somewhere that isn't going to freak me out....like my poor wrists that have been hurting.

Jeepers

« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2019, 03:30:27 PM »

Hi BlueButterfly

Hope your appointment goes well, it does sound like your tendons or muscles. 

My wrists hurt, and I freak out about them too... it does feel like falling apart, doesn't it?

Let us know how it goes

Jeepres x

CLKD

« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2019, 03:41:45 PM »

Let us know?

BlueButterfly

« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2019, 05:55:13 PM »

I will...appointment soon. I do think it is a structural support issue more than a clot issue but need to get it checked out so I'm not in tears again tonight. I feel generally calm except the whole going to the doctor nerves.

I do wish my body would figure itself out already! I do get the leg pains more in my right leg quite frequently. Honestly, the left leg rarely ever gives me problems. Seeing a different doctor today so we'll see how that goes. (Really do hate how hard it is to see the same doctor on a regular basis..  ::)) Left wrist gives me more problems but I had a ganglion cyst in that one that had to be drained and I still seem to get pains in the same place but no signs of the cyst.

CLKD

« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2019, 07:05:26 PM »

I knocked my R shin on the bath earlier, I slipped - I intended to shut the window over the bath but caught my toe  :o.  No bruise.  Yet  :-\

jaypo

« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2019, 07:12:16 PM »

Oh my clkd,I slipped today too,was getting down from conservatory windowsill after closing blinds before I hit the ground I bounced my hip off corner of VERY hard desk,it's all swollen now and I'm going to have a bruise the size of a small island ☹️

CLKD

« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2019, 07:15:12 PM »

:o  OUCH - whilst this isn't a competition I think that your pain level is worse than mine.  Spa treatment required: when, where  :D

jaypo

« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2019, 07:17:36 PM »

I was a bit wobbly afterwards,won't be doing that again in a hurry 🤨
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12