Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Thyroid results help needed please  (Read 1484 times)

Angel1964

Thyroid results help needed please
« on: November 20, 2018, 08:55:11 AM »

Hi ladies looking for advice. Doc refused to do  full thyroid test so I paid for a full test with Medichecks.  The only thing I take, well stick on is my Femseven Conti HRT patch as post menopausal, take Vit D3 low dose and use magnesium oil spray.  Could the patch affect results???  I don't know how to attach a photo. Results were

TSH 0.646
FREE THYROXINE 23.200
FREE T3 4.66
THYROGLOBULIN ANTIBODY 11.200
THYROID PEROXIDASE ANTIBODY <9.0

Thank you.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 10:25:14 AM by Angel1964 »

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Thyroid results help needed please
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 04:29:40 PM »

Sorry Angel1964
I have no idea, but I'm sure someone will soon.

Hope you're well....xx

Angel1964

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 04:34:47 PM »

Thanks jillydoll I'm battling on each day like all of us. Hugs xx

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 04:52:23 PM »

Just had a blood test done today for thyroid,something else to rule in or out ,can't you google results? I tend to only use nhs site or you have every illness under the sun.hope it's ok

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 05:12:39 PM »

Hi Angel1964

SueLW is the member you need and hopefully she will see this. Not sure if I can tag her by doing this @SueLW but I think the forum's software is quite old....

Maybe someone else can help - how do you notify another member by mentioning them in a post, apart from sending them a pm or putting their name in the title?

Your TSH looks normal and at the low end (which is good if not too low) but can't comment on the others. It depends on the measuring units and the ref range for the lab doing the tests (which should be given with your results eg my T4 (thyroxine) ref range was 12 - 22 pmol/l and mine was within that range. I've never had T3 measured, nor anti-bodies.

Hurdity x

aspie65

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 06:18:26 PM »

I just had my thyroid checked and was given the following parameters:

TSH .27-4.2
Free Thyroxine 12-22
Free T3  3.1-6.8
Thyroid Antibdoies 0-115
Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies 0-14

So all your results are normal.

Angel1964

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 06:31:57 PM »

TSH .27-4.2
Free Thyroxine 12-22
Free T3  3.1-6.8
Thyroid Antibdoies 0-115

Hi they sent me a letter too stating that I could have the start of hyperthyroidism? But I was wondering if hrt made a difference to results x

SueLW

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2018, 07:33:37 PM »

Hello

I've just seen this message.  Hurdity's tag didn't work sadly.

Can you please type the results of your test with the reference ranges (in brackets) next to each result.  All labs use slightly different ranges so we need to see them with the results to make sense of them properly.

That applies to someone else I saw putting their results in the thread.

SueLW

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2018, 07:35:05 PM »

TSH .27-4.2
Free Thyroxine 12-22
Free T3  3.1-6.8
Thyroid Antibdoies 0-115

Not necessarily.  I have just asked Angel to provide her lab reference ranges.  Different labs have different ranges so we need to get into the habit of reproducing our results with the relevant reference range.

Angel1964

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2018, 03:14:51 PM »

Hello

I've just seen this message.  Hurdity's tag didn't work sadly.

Can you please type the results of your test with the reference ranges (in brackets) next to each result.  All labs use slightly different ranges so we need to see them with the results to make sense of them properly.

That applies to someone else I saw putting their results in the thread.

Hi Sue, results as follows

TSH 0.646 range 0.21-4.20

Free Thyroxine 23.200 range 12.00-22.00

Free T3 4.66 range 3.10-6.80

THYROGLOBULIN ANTIBODY 11.200 range 0.00-115.00

Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies  <9.0 range 0.00-14.00

Hope this makes sense to you as I haven't a clue. Thank you xx

SueLW

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2018, 03:35:19 PM »

Hi Sue, results as follows

TSH 0.646 range 0.21-4.20

Free Thyroxine 23.200 range 12.00-22.00

Free T3 4.66 range 3.10-6.80

THYROGLOBULIN ANTIBODY 11.200 range 0.00-115.00

Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies  <9.0 range 0.00-14.00

Hope this makes sense to you as I haven't a clue. Thank you xx

Hi

That's the correct way to present a thyroid blood test result.  Thank you.

Your TSH (a pituitary hormone) is nice and low, which means your thyroid isn't being thrashed to work harder.
Your Free T4 is just over the top of the reference range and your Free T3 is middling.  You show no raised antibodies for auto immune thyroid disease, we all have a few antibodies washing around from time to time, these are no cause for concern.

Your thyroid doesn't look to be failing.  But your conversion of T4 into T3 isn't as good as it should be, hence the slightly over range T4 and yet only middling T3.

When was the test taken?  To be really sure there isn't a problem thyroid blood tests should be taken first thing in the morning when our demand for thyroid hormone is highest.  I arrange my tests between 8 and 8.30 am.  Don't eat beforehand either, just have a drink of water. 

If I were you I would now look at what might be going on to slow your conversion down.  Optimal conversion requires some optimal vitamins and minerals.  Vitamin D should be over halfway in the range.  Vitamin B12 needs to be closer to the top of the vast range rather than middle or below.  Iron levels should be good, not just scraping into the reference range. Ferritin is especially important and needs to be half way through the reference range at least.  You can't increase your ferritin much from iron tablets, you need to eat your way up that one.  Liver, pate, blood sausage, etc have all been a great help to me in getting my ferritin levels up.  And magnesium is also required for good conversion alongside selenium.  People say "I eat 2 Brazil nuts every day for Selenium" but that's mostly no help now.  Our land is depleted from this element and so we need a supplement for it.

You should never supplement iron without first having a full iron panel done by your doctor or private lab.  Too much iron is worse than not enough!

So I would go and ask my GP (in your shoes) for a full iron panel, vitamin D, vitamin B12, and if he will do it Iodine tests and see what that throws up for you.

Your actual thyroid gland looks good, but your conversion is open to improvement.  Not something a GP will ever pick up on sadly.

I hope that helps a bit.

Angel1964

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2018, 05:13:32 PM »

Sue you are a star. Thank you so do much. I'm at the docs next Thursday so will see what she says xx