Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Won’t be taking them again  (Read 5597 times)

jaypo

Re: Won’t be taking them again
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2018, 08:33:37 AM »

Thing is daisie,I'm not anxious ALL the time or depressed all the time,so not sure if I need ad's,is there not any you can just take when you're just feeling bad?my anxiety & depression is definitely hormone based,it's just all so confusing ☹️

Shadyglade

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2018, 10:11:43 AM »

Sounds like something like mindfulness might suit you better.  Take a look and see if there are any classes in your area.  You can do it on your own but a class makes it easier to get into it.

EnglishRose

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2018, 10:50:22 AM »

Well I was on day 3 of sertraline & then last night I thought I was dying,nausea kicked in big stylee,when it comes to feeling sick,I'm the biggest wimp in the world,think I'd rather suffer the anxiety,not eaten anything since yesterday t time & definitely not taking another of those tablets.Has anyone else suffered like that?Is there any anxiety medication that doesn't make you sick?
Helllllllllp😔

You have a phobia of vomiting? My sister has that. It's called Emetophobia.
I have a fear of feeling sick..the vomiting part doesn't bother me too much bc that's usually when the nausea goes.
My fear is justified I had salmonella n my 20s after eating fish fingers that had thawed out and refrozen (I didn't know any better) 48 hours of dry heaving every 20 minutes. I was exhausted. I'd get a minutes relief after vomiting then the nausea started all over again... was the worst 48 hours I thought I was dying...
I won't eat any food I suspect is dodgy or even 1 day past the use by date now.

Dancing Queen

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2018, 10:58:35 AM »

Hi Jaypo, Have you tried HRT? (not sure of your history). It sorted me out for "depression" which was intermittent and hormonal . Despite the Dr saying "HRT is only for hot flushes". As they do. x

jaypo

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2018, 12:47:42 PM »

I just can't cope with nausea or being sick,it's the worst feeling in the world 🤢
No not tried hrt down to the breast cancer in family.Dr told me I was probably past introducing it now anyway xx

BlueButterfly

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2018, 03:25:48 PM »

I'm not anxious ALL the time or depressed all the time,so not sure if I need ad's,is there not any you can just take when you're just feeling bad?my anxiety & depression is definitely hormone based,it's just all so confusing ☹️
I have xanax for such a thing...just a one time rescue med, hardly use it but only when I get really bad. I can't bring myself to take anything daily. There are other rescue meds for when anxiety gets bad as well. Maybe ask your GP for something like that instead. I have the smallest dose possible of mine and even with that I half it but know I can take more if I really need it. But I stick with the absolute smallest dose I need for it to work as it can be addictive.

jaypo

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2018, 03:28:17 PM »

Hi BB is that prescription only?

BlueButterfly

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2018, 03:39:03 PM »

Yes it is.

There's natural stuff that is supposed to work the similarly...Kava I believe is what it is. I think it can cause liver damage if used long term. I can't remember exactly. Maybe look into it, see if it worth a try? It's available as a tea or pill.

jaypo

« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2018, 03:43:18 PM »

Thank you xx

daisie

« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2018, 03:53:25 PM »

Thing is daisie,I'm not anxious ALL the time or depressed all the time,so not sure if I need ad's,is there not any you can just take when you're just feeling bad?my anxiety & depression is definitely hormone based,it's just all so confusing ☹️
h.yes iv tried different antidepressants but i can only tolerate the ones im on tried loads of time to come off them but always go back to the amitriptyline iv got to be addicted to them  .i get withdraw when i cut the dosage down .iv been on homones but gave me migrains .dont think theres a magic cure for me now iv been like this from starting menopause at age of 46 im now 63 still cant see a light at the end of my menopause just getting worse now with aches and pains xdaisie

jaypo

« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2018, 04:22:13 PM »

Hands up who wishes they were a man 🖐🏼

BlueButterfly

« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2018, 04:45:10 PM »

✋✋ there's 2 from our home
My daughter was saying the same thing this morning. She gets to start puberty while I deal with Peri. She said it's not fair that guys don't have to deal with all this stuff.  ;D

EnglishRose

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2018, 11:34:56 PM »

Hands up who wishes they were a man 🖐🏼

👋

Dancing Queen

« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2018, 10:51:23 AM »

No cos men are grumpy b*******s most of the time  ;D ;D ;D and they can`t laugh at themselves!

jaypo

« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2018, 09:22:12 PM »

😂
Pages: 1 2 [3]